Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TTT Frustrations
Responding in the order NotRand posted in:

1. Staff Inconsistency/discretion: Is staff inconsistency really that much of a problem? I feel like if some staff say you are breaking a rule, and other staff say you are not, then you are probably too close to the line. Usually anything that Staff have to rule on or take action on involve intentional action from the person, such as trolling, racism, harassment, and some forms of RDM (other RDM's may be gameplay related, such as not enoguh evidence for a kill, killing wrong person, etc. that isn't fully intentional). The worst case is that some players get away with the rule breaking. I feel like, if anything, staff discretion involves showing more undeserved mercy to a rulebreaker thah anything else. Plus, RDM won't be slayed unless that person reports. I haven't seen any issues with staff discretion so far.

2. ASAB: I didn't know this was an issue, and i'm not sure the wider community knows that this is a full movement. I personally thought it was a joke being spammed by a few regulars, and have participated in memeing around as many regulars do. My apologies for my ignorance on this issue.

3. High-profile bans: Some people will enter the server just to troll, slur, and leave. That is the reason why guests are treated with less respect than regulars are. It makes sense - guests are presented with the rules, and some enter the server with the intention to troll. Setting a firm foot down will ensure that the server can focus on the gameplay aspect. That being said, racism, toxicity, and harassing staff is never acceptable. If 5 regulars team up to spell out a slur 1 letter at a time, that's not funny - all 5 are complicit and should be subsequently warned. There's no such thing as an accidental slur. 

Additional comments, on donor abuse:
I do think we can improve the guidelines for donor usage. When should donors gag those mic-spamming? How much discretion should donors acutally use? Can donors gag/mute when someone is spelling 1-letter variations of common slurs? Can donors gag/mute when a player is being harassed by another player? In one instance, Bg was being specifically targeted by another player. I wanted to help, but since staff was online, I didn't feel comfortable taking action. I informed the staff member of Bg's situation (which was legitiamte - he was being harassed pretty badly), but the staff member didn't take action, possibly due to being busy with gameplay and other staff items.
The donor guideliens are here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...php?tid=38. I post it here because in my opinion, there isn't enough clarification for when it is appropriate to use disciplinary commands while staff are online. Obviously, if a donor is gagged by staff, the donor should never ungag themselves. Yet, this is not listed in the guidelines. I think having an update which makes the guidelines more clear would be good.

Sorry if some of this is non-sensical, my 5 am brain is half buried in work papers right now. Feel free to respond as desired, and you can PM me on the discord (jammin#8313) if you want further thoughts.
Thank you.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
TTT Frustrations - by ⋆ Fx ⋆ - 09-30-2020, 01:52 AM
RE: TTT Frustrations - by Ɛ§ dan - 09-30-2020, 07:52 AM
RE: TTT Frustrations - by Kapitan BillyBob - 09-30-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: TTT Frustrations - by bryanbrr - 09-30-2020, 08:12 AM
RE: TTT Frustrations - by Battons - 09-30-2020, 01:50 PM
RE: TTT Frustrations - by loocan - 09-30-2020, 02:36 PM