Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TTT Frustrations
Hi,
Since people were going off topic on a Ban appeal about how they think the ban was a product of how TTT is being run currently I figured I would make this thread for those comments to be left here instead. 

Leave suggestions on how you think it could be improved.

Please be respectful of staff and other players.

Thank you.

[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
i don’t like sweaty hypocrites 

example: someone rdm me, both joke around bout it, and laugh > no report
me & them joke around, rdm them w/ prop they get me slain >:^(

you know who you are :^)
Alright, so, I'm actually going to try and be serious for a change in this post.

I have been on this server since 2015, in that I've seen a lot of different staff and different ways the server has been ran. One of the first things I've noticed and actually made reference to is the fact the server appears to be more toxic. But in reality it really isn't the server itself, its just a select few people that are very outspoken and on occasion cause a herd mentality of people trashing on staff cuz haha funny. There are several people on this server who like to continuously push the envelop with staff, and then act the victim when they are punished. In my experience with running servers this is never good to allow this because it just festers, and then eventually a legitimate toxicity problems develops in the community. Also, I believe allowing people to just constantly complain also hurts the servers. Any time I notice people being assholes on the server it causes the server population itself to go down because people don't want to listen to that crap, they just want to relax and have fun. Also, people have no basis about saying "MUH FREE SPEECH", as an owned server it can implement whatever rules it wants. If you have rules implemented against racist remarks to cut down on toxicity, what is the point in allowing harassment, even tho 90% of it is trolling.

As for staff, I also believe that there is blame to be passed around. I generally play in the late afternoon to mid-evening and I honestly hardly see any mod+ on besides a select few. There are times that the server is at capacity and there aren't even any staff on. Also, even when several staff are in-game I seem to notice that it's always one person doing the work for everyone else, which shouldn't be the case. Being staff means that you should put reports when you're in-game first over anything else game related. Trusted need to be willing to share the workload and once they die they should jump on any report submitted. This also is going to alleviate some of the complaints mentioned above.

I've been part of a lot of TTT communities over the years and I enjoy being part of this community so there's my insight o__O

tl;tr: players overreact and complain and select few cause the trouble, staff needs to be more proactive
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I think this is a great idea to have fx. Honestly, I believe we can all feel the tensions growing among the TTT community. It comes and goes in waves from what I've experienced in my short amount of time here at Dinks. What I have learned is that it usually stems from a certain group of individuals and after x amount of time they usually come around and realize that they are acting silly and grow a sense of commitment to the server. Trends come and go but that doesn't take away from how things are being handled. 

For anyone who thinks I am part of the problem please dm me on discord to leave me some advice on how I could be a better staff member. I am open to all criticisms and will listen to your voices. 

Thanks.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I'm not going to add much to this thread right now, but I am interested in reading what others might have to offer. I'd like to reiterate that the responses should be respectful, it would be disappointing to come back in a few days to see a bunch of deleted responses.

Like Bryan, I'd be happy to hear any individual (or broader too) criticisms or other suggestions via Discord. I believe I have my privacy settings open to receive direct messages from anyone on the main channel. Please reach out - I can't fix or adjust what I might be unaware of!
People think I'm too much of a strict staff member but in reality I've been doing what I always do just now I get harassed for it by people who spam asab which just makes me angry. There seems to be an expectation that staff are robots but we are just trying our best to keep everything in line according to the rules we were given. Some are more lenient than others and unfortunately that's just the way it is. A lot of our current playerbase sees trolls as haha funny meme clap clap bonk but there is a difference between having fun and being a pain in the ass. Another thing is "inconsistency" I try to treat everyone exactly the same no matter what. Take lycan for example he was grapple exploiting and I punished him for it and he had a shitstorm meltdown about it and RDMed me over it and flamed me in admin chat about it. If I didn't punish him everyone else would find it acceptable to grapple exploit which it is not. So why should I feel any desire to listen when things like that happen? Or killbot even. He is using a form of voice changing and everyone likes it but its against the rules. If I do not punish him everyone else will start using it which is a massive no. When I did punish him everyone on server just shits on me and calls me fun police, like, im just trying to have fun too guys -_-
Harassing staff members because they are doing their job should not be acceptable. This kind of stuff should be punished if it is bothering the staff member in question. If a person/staff member gets harassed for doing their job then the players who are harassing the staff member should be punished in some way after being told to stop.
(09-30-2020, 01:50 PM)Battons Wrote: People think I'm too much of a strict staff member but in reality I've been doing what I always do just now I get harassed for it by people who spam asab which just makes me angry. There seems to be an expectation that staff are robots but we are just trying our best to keep everything in line according to the rules we were given. Some are more lenient than others and unfortunately that's just the way it is. A lot of our current playerbase sees trolls as haha funny meme clap clap bonk but there is a difference between having fun and being a pain in the ass. Another thing is "inconsistency" I try to treat everyone exactly the same no matter what. Take lycan for example he was grapple exploiting and I punished him for it and he had a shitstorm meltdown about it and RDMed me over it and flamed me in admin chat about it. If I didn't punish him everyone else would find it acceptable to grapple exploit which it is not. So why should I feel any desire to listen when things like that happen? Or killbot even. He is using a form of voice changing and everyone likes it but its against the rules. If I do not punish him everyone else will start using it which is a massive no. When I did punish him everyone on server just shits on me and calls me fun police, like, im just trying to have fun too guys -_-
you sure are sensitive lol
(09-30-2020, 02:36 PM)loocan Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 01:50 PM)Battons Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
Really now? Lycan please.
my frustrations are and always have been that staff treat thier friends differently than they would a guest. And when they don't, they get shit on for it.

That, and I would also like to mention that staff have a clique mentality, but it has always been like that because you guys see each other as allies versus the trolls of ttt. There needs to be an address to staff inconsistency sometime sooner than later instead of just putting it off as "a conversation for another day".

The biggest fix I see to this is to get rid of "staff discretion" completely and use actual baselines for punishments and warnings. It should not be up to one person to assess what they consider harassment/trolling and instead if there is confusion to put it up to a group conversation that INCLUDES the victim.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions