Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Minotaur and His Misdeeds
(03-31-2020, 08:44 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: Like us donors are trying to make the staff's lives easier by handling gags and shit, so they can focus on bans etc.  You know, THE IMPORTANT SHIT.  We know what the rules are and we do give adequate warnings to offenders.

I don't like quoting from rageposts, but I thought this was important.

The fact that anyone with donor rank (not just you) can feel entitled to acting as an authoritative figure in ANY WAY proves that the "donor overstepping" problem needs attention, and it needs it bad.

You should ABSOLUTELY NOT be able to pay $15 dollars for a rank with staff powers and be comparable in ANY WAY to a real, trained, staff member. Donors are not trained like staff members, and they are DEFINITELY not held to the same "community pillar" standards as staff members are, and thus, they should not be able to act in any way as staff members.

Fifteen USD is not a qualification. The hundreds of hours of outstanding effort, community involvement and commitment to having a fun server is the qualification. This qualification of "staff" is not just being granted tools to enforce the rules, but it's being given an official title that says "I'm a representative of this community, and I'm here for you.", and having a role accessible outside of this qualification completely destroys the "community pillar" role of staff ranks.

Addendum:
Quote:It doesn't really matter IF they were going to use their microphone or not; ULX commands are tools given to people for a reason, and when they're misused, it sets a bad precedent for users on the server and it gives off the impression that it's a-okay to just casually gag people when I buy this cool 15 dollar rank.

You don't need staff commands to have fun or make a joke.

Messages In This Thread
RE: King Minotaur and His Misdeeds - by Andre - 03-31-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: King Minotaur and His Misdeeds - by RussEfarmer - 03-31-2020, 10:06 PM
RE: King Minotaur and His Misdeeds - by grasse - 03-31-2020, 09:24 PM
RE: King Minotaur and His Misdeeds - by grasse - 03-31-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: King Minotaur and His Misdeeds - by Null - 03-31-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: King Minotaur and His Misdeeds - by Alora - 03-31-2020, 10:50 PM