Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Legality
Ok. I shall get right to it.

Some props are totally banned altogether due to abuse. I completely agree with that.

Some legal props can be placed/positioned in illegal manners. Again, I agree.

Some of my hiding spots have been confirmed legal by some staff in the midst of a game (Sometimes its mods and trusted)

But sometimes people think they are illegal.

I think we should make a thread specifically for discussing questionable spots, or spots people believe should or should not be illegal, because I hear one thing from some people and different words from others and that can be very frustrating when 2 different ruling come down for the same prop and location/position.

My personal belief: The smaller the prop, the more you should have visible (within reason) For example. Its been ruled that the blue chair you MUST have the blue part of the chair visible because the phrase "pixel hunt" gets spoken. And yes I completely agree that the small edge of that chair is not enough.

But what if you are a larger prop like say a ladder on YouTurd. Yes there is a portion of the ladder that when you angle it in just the right way it is absolutely invisible. But, as seen here, I have a portion of the prop clearly visible and I can be shot.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...7450C53E7/

Here is that spot from my Hunter view. I can clearly be seen in the first screenshot. I am definitely inconspicuous, but I AM visible. That is most definitely NOT a "pixel hunt". .

Here is a spot on Island House. I am in a tree as the champagne glass. Visible Shootable. And again, a spot that ha been confirmed by at least a few trusteds. Small prop, showing a good 50% of that prop.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...5400F8CD5/

THIS position as the ladder should totally be illegal because that tiny edge is in fact glitched and totally invisible.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...E4483646A/

As with many other legal props, the placement and position are crucial to determining what is or isn't illegal.

If that first image is illegal, then maybe the ladder should be banned altogether along with any other prop you can do glitch spots with.

If the criteria for legality is "visible and shootable" then that spot for the ladder is most definitely legal. I am difficult to see, yes, but difficult isn't impossible. Blnding into the map as long as I am not inside a mesh or a texture is legal. If someone is blind, is that my fault? lol

I just think its a little ridiculous that some people agree and others do not. Now that I am a Donor, I do not want to give people false information because I have been told 2 different answers to the same question.

I hope this discussion has a positive outcome.

Messages In This Thread
Prop Legality - by OverwatchJunky - 05-03-2020, 03:51 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by Happy Mirror - 05-03-2020, 04:05 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by Sharky - 05-03-2020, 04:28 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by The Triangle - 05-03-2020, 07:22 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by Steven [Prodigy] - 05-03-2020, 08:30 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by OverwatchJunky - 05-03-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by [pink] Pixie Soldier - 05-03-2020, 10:36 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by RussEfarmer - 05-03-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: Prop Legality - by TheUltraFish - 05-03-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Prop Legality - by Abdel - 05-03-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: Prop Legality - by OverwatchJunky - 05-03-2020, 02:29 PM