Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should donors get more leeway with gagging?
I shall start off by saying that I am not requesting for more leeway for all donor commands (Hell, I don't see the point of giving donors mute at all, as if their text is that bad, that  is what screenshots and ban requests are for, and I have only once seen a situation where a donor kicking was called for)

This is a situation I have been in before (not recent, but still):

Someone was being really annoying on mike
They eventually stopped, AFTER which a staff told them not to do that.
They start again.
I gag them.
The staff gets mad at me, saying "Let me handle it."
Person is ungagged, and starts being annoying instantly.
Staff does nothing, until the point at which another staff steps in, either having died or joined, and gags the person.

This made it a thing where I am afraid to gag someone to be able to hear anything other than the absolute what-the-fuckery coming through their mic.

In another instance, a staff member (who was on top of their duties) gave all donors explicit permission to gag someone who was repeatedly and obnoxiously micspamming at extreme volumes.

My question is, should donors have to wait for or get permission from a staff to actually gag someone?  I know that in the rules it is allowed if the donor and spammer are dead but no staff are dead, but should it be the case otherwise? By the time we get permission from a staff, the staff should have already handled it.

To be explicitly clear- this question ONLY refers to gags of super-obnoxious or malicious mike users. Nothing else shall be given any leeway.

Edit: unrelated note, but is it just me or have a lot of ban requests been deleted recently?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
should donors get more leeway with gagging? - by Saitama - 05-18-2020, 09:31 PM