Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should donors get more leeway with gagging?
I shall start off by saying that I am not requesting for more leeway for all donor commands (Hell, I don't see the point of giving donors mute at all, as if their text is that bad, that  is what screenshots and ban requests are for, and I have only once seen a situation where a donor kicking was called for)

This is a situation I have been in before (not recent, but still):

Someone was being really annoying on mike
They eventually stopped, AFTER which a staff told them not to do that.
They start again.
I gag them.
The staff gets mad at me, saying "Let me handle it."
Person is ungagged, and starts being annoying instantly.
Staff does nothing, until the point at which another staff steps in, either having died or joined, and gags the person.

This made it a thing where I am afraid to gag someone to be able to hear anything other than the absolute what-the-fuckery coming through their mic.

In another instance, a staff member (who was on top of their duties) gave all donors explicit permission to gag someone who was repeatedly and obnoxiously micspamming at extreme volumes.

My question is, should donors have to wait for or get permission from a staff to actually gag someone?  I know that in the rules it is allowed if the donor and spammer are dead but no staff are dead, but should it be the case otherwise? By the time we get permission from a staff, the staff should have already handled it.

To be explicitly clear- this question ONLY refers to gags of super-obnoxious or malicious mike users. Nothing else shall be given any leeway.

Edit: unrelated note, but is it just me or have a lot of ban requests been deleted recently?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
not to be that guy, but it USED to be that donors can't use their powers at all when staff are on, and in my opinion, it should have stayed that way..
If I'm doing a bunch of reports or something I don't mind that donors gag or mute someone. If I'm actively engaged in monitoring chat while being dead or whatever else, it gets a bit annoying if they go ahead and do it before me. Another situation would be whenever a hoard of people just start mic spamming, in that case as well I wouldn't mind.

It's a matter of knowing your place. Donor is not staff and you are not required to use those permissions, all in all to be safe I would probably use them (for the benefit of the server and not maliciously) if no staff are online. With that being said too, I was just a Regular before I got staff, so I don't really know.

I'm just not real antsy about that, I don't mind as long as you're not abusing or getting in the way.
(05-18-2020, 09:39 PM)dong Wrote: I'm just not real antsy about that, I don't mind as long as you're not abusing or getting in the way.
I get you entirely here. However, not everyone feels the same as you. Some staff react rather aggressively to donors gagging others.

And yes, I totally get why you would get annoyed when someone gets the gag off before you when you are actively monitoring the chat, but we have no way of knowing you are not busy with a report or something like that.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(05-18-2020, 09:49 PM)Saitama Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 09:39 PM)dong Wrote: I'm just not real antsy about that, I don't mind as long as you're not abusing or getting in the way.
I get you entirely here. However, not everyone feels the same as you. Some staff react rather aggressively to donors gagging others.

And yes, I totally get why you would get annoyed when someone gets the gag off before you when you are actively monitoring the chat, but we have no way of knowing you are not busy with a report or something like that.
Donors not knowing what’s going on is exactly why they shouldn’t have the ability to ignore if staff ask them to stop.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Most of the time donors think blatant troublemakers are just that, meanwhile most staff who have spent time in servers and around people, understand sometimes jumpin in at the wrong time can cause MORE issues than help

And i think youre one of those that need to learn that kind of situational timing tbh so im against giving donors leeway

ph did and now we have an issue with shit bc of it
dont follow
I'm gagging someone if they're being obnoxious and micspamming. I don't care what the staff have to say about it.
There's a donor guidelines for a reason, and many of your questions are answered there.
Why is this even a question, if the staff is clearly afk/not doing anything about it several seconds in then go ahead, but if you insta gag it comes off as annoying and then feeds the trolls who say staff don't do their job which make it even more draining.
Plus there are some situations donors won't know everything and should just relax with wanting to gag/mute.
(05-18-2020, 10:44 PM)POG MONKEY Wrote: I'm gagging someone if they're being obnoxious and micspamming. I don't care what the staff have to say about it.
the difference is someone like you knows compared to some others like for example zack used to heavily jump on staff for not doing things like that fast enough (with minor stuff)
zack has since improved but

it all depends if the person knows better or not and what is helping and fixing things compared to making them worse

tldr; ur not dumb like most donors