Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im putting this here because theres no section for actual forum unbans
Ingame Name: dirty scripter, Laced Xanax, whatever my forum name currently is after this is looked at

SteamID: its a forum appeal

Who Banned You: sarcasm

Reason For Ban: Continuously shitposting on the forums.

Length of Ban: 1 month

Reason for Admins to Unban: the thing that led to my ban shouldnt have gotten me banned will explain in other

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): you should know by now

Other: To start off, here's the thread that led to my ban. I don't remember exactly what I said but I believe it was mocking the way the OP typed and how he abused his donor powers, therefore making him a great candidate for the staff team.

That being said, the entire thread is very obviously a shitpost. If the thread itself is a shitpost, it should be moved to the shitposting section (which, by the way, contradicts the whole idea of shitposting) and I should be allowed to shitpost on it. The blame should not fall onto me for somebody else having a lack of situational awareness,

Other than that, I have no disagreements with the "continually shitposting" that is spoken of in the ban reasoning. I will say it's strange that I am made out to be this huge shitposter that needs to be dealt with immediately but other users like the guy who made the thread spoken of above are rarely even warned. You could definitely make the argument that I've been here for 2 years and should know the rules by now, but the problem with that sentiment is it holds no weight when rules are not fairly enforced.

I've also heard it said that shitposting makes the forums look unprofessional, to which I say it's a Garry's Mod community in 2020. Nobody cares how professional or unprofessional we look, no matter how much you want the opposite to be true.

also also, a month for a little harmless shitposting is a little over the top, don't ya think?

Messages In This Thread
im putting this here because theres no section for actual forum unbans - by dirty scripter - 09-19-2020, 03:30 PM