Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im putting this here because theres no section for actual forum unbans
Ingame Name: dirty scripter, Laced Xanax, whatever my forum name currently is after this is looked at

SteamID: its a forum appeal

Who Banned You: sarcasm

Reason For Ban: Continuously shitposting on the forums.

Length of Ban: 1 month

Reason for Admins to Unban: the thing that led to my ban shouldnt have gotten me banned will explain in other

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): you should know by now

Other: To start off, here's the thread that led to my ban. I don't remember exactly what I said but I believe it was mocking the way the OP typed and how he abused his donor powers, therefore making him a great candidate for the staff team.

That being said, the entire thread is very obviously a shitpost. If the thread itself is a shitpost, it should be moved to the shitposting section (which, by the way, contradicts the whole idea of shitposting) and I should be allowed to shitpost on it. The blame should not fall onto me for somebody else having a lack of situational awareness,

Other than that, I have no disagreements with the "continually shitposting" that is spoken of in the ban reasoning. I will say it's strange that I am made out to be this huge shitposter that needs to be dealt with immediately but other users like the guy who made the thread spoken of above are rarely even warned. You could definitely make the argument that I've been here for 2 years and should know the rules by now, but the problem with that sentiment is it holds no weight when rules are not fairly enforced.

I've also heard it said that shitposting makes the forums look unprofessional, to which I say it's a Garry's Mod community in 2020. Nobody cares how professional or unprofessional we look, no matter how much you want the opposite to be true.

also also, a month for a little harmless shitposting is a little over the top, don't ya think?
let me guess they were all by "Sarcasm Guaranteed" too right? Guy has been power modding the forums and clearly has his targets that we can't wait to warn people for anything they post, be it ACTUAL shitposting or just simply cracking jokes in the thread.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(09-19-2020, 03:48 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: let me guess they were all by "Sarcasm Guaranteed"  too right? Guy has been power modding the forums and clearly has his targets that we can't wait to warn people for anything they post, be it ACTUAL shitposting or just simply cracking jokes in the thread.

Three of my past five warnings have been from him. I've been wondering why some actual shitposts like my "dr pepper" posts in Salty's coffee threads haven't been deleted but others have.
There does seem to be a certain issue with certain people throwing out warnings on specific individuals more often than others based on single instances of 'shitposting.' Warns can be dealt out to you but not other people on the same thread when everyone was making the same jokes. A deleted post doesn't have to always go with a warn and to think that is ridiculous and it just distances people from the community on the basis of being funny. Which, again, GMod server in 2020, it's not like we're a pro gaming community or anything. Definitely needs to be some talks on the inside. Cough.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Let me make it clear once again that I don't disagree with the ban reason itself, just the circumstances which led to my ban and the person issuing the ban.
So I have a question for you.
How do you know others weren't warned? Do you know that he didn't approach them and ask them to stop?
Maybe he is doing things that you do not see. I have seen posts being deleted from others that were shit posting that are even in prophunt. They got deleted and the person got a warning too and they were friends with Sarcasm.
I think he treats everyone the same.
We as normal members on the forums (not forum staff), we can't even see warnings and neither can you except for your own.
There is no unfairness that I see specifically. The rules are straight forward and there is a place for shit posting.

One last point to make as well. There is a difference between posts and threads. Threads can be moved easy. Posts have to be deleted.
The post that you pointed to was another person's application. Those applications need to be kept to a standard so people don't have to go through clutter and shit posts to make a decision. Of course he was going to delete the reply. He is not able to simply move it.

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
(09-19-2020, 06:40 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: So I have a question for you.
How do you know they weren't warned? Do you know that he didn't approach them and ask them to stop?
Maybe he is doing things that you do not see. I have seen posts being deleted from others that were shit posting that are even in prophunt that got deleted and the person got a warning too and they were friends with Sarcasm.
We as non-forum members can't even see warnings and neither can you except for your own.
There is no unfairness that I see specifically. The rules are straight forward and there is a place for shit posting.

-B0T
I can see the warning levels of people sometimes though on the forums. I noticed it happening after they been warned I think. This is what is confusing me in particular since I don’t really understand it. I mean no offense to anyone I’m just trying to understand this fully.
(09-19-2020, 06:44 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 06:40 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: So I have a question for you.
How do you know they weren't warned? Do you know that he didn't approach them and ask them to stop?
Maybe he is doing things that you do not see. I have seen posts being deleted from others that were shit posting that are even in prophunt that got deleted and the person got a warning too and they were friends with Sarcasm.
We as non-forum members can't even see warnings and neither can you except for your own.

-B0T
I can see the warning levels of people sometimes though on the forums. I noticed it happening after they been warned I think. This is what is confusing me in particular since I don’t really understand it. I mean no offense to anyone I’m just trying to understand this fully.
I do agree here. Maybe we need a guideline for the forums warning/ban system so we know what to follow. That might be the best to keep consistency with these warnings and bans.

Edit: looks like we have something but its a bit old. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10430
Maybe they need to be updated to include how warnings and bans work specifically but there might be a reasoning on why they don't do so. This might actually help people get around the system or abuse it.
I think its still pretty straight forward what they asked in the specific shitposting section
Quote:Do not spam or shitpost.
Do not repost the same thread or reply to a thread with the intention of cluttering space or derailing a topic. Do not repeatedly pm members or staff for the same reason or for seeking help on a topic, there is likely an appropriate forum section to ask in. Do not post in important sections without proper form and reason. For example, do not post fake applications or ban requests with not format or proof. A shitposting section was created for joke threads that will not clutter the forums. These posts will be deleted, warned, and may lead to the ban of the account in serious situations.

My rule of thumb that I use here is that if I am not involved in a situation or I don't have valuable input to put in for an application/ban request/contest ban, I just don't reply.

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
my thing is: you never know what is going on behind the scenes. you don't know who or what sarcasm or anyone else is doing. it's easy to assume that a particular person is targeting you if they're the only ones giving you warnings. but, keep in mind: staff doesn't always do things at their own discretion. It might be that they were working for somebody else (like the case with a mod banning somebody because somebody else asked them too.) It just seems like this is attacking sarcasm for doing what he's told and following the rules. But that's just my take on it as somebody from the outside attempting to look in.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
This is an appeal so voting would be nice, as for the fish thing he’s not the only one that warns people. I warn people and the other admins do too, I don’t really know if he’s the only one that warns you because I don’t pay attention like that.