Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preposal for Referendum Regarding the Regulation of Communication Between Gamers
Rule 6, saying not to use slurs/harass others -- this is a good rule to have, for slurs/harassment is objectively bad. There is a difference between having opinions and literally degrading another human being.
That said, in dead chat, i'm open to loosening some of the rules that don't involve literally degrading other human beings - namely minor soundboarding/micspam and non-annoying voice changers.

But in live chat, especially in TTT - where voice chat is such an integral part of the game (what with KOS's being important, etc.) even minor stuff like micspam shouldn't be allowable if it interferes with the integrity of the game. At the end of the day, this is a place where people come here to play a video game to blow off steam. You can micspam/slur it up in other places with friends - and you won't need to ruin the night of those who want to play TTT.

Also the concept of a referendum - Sure, we need more community input. I'd like to see more community non-staff members on some of our committees. However, the governing body of this server isn't a democracy - this server is owned by an owner - and that owner alone makes the final call on decisions that go up to him. Sure the community can vote on what they want to do, but something that big has to go thru him. If you want to do that, you can create a thread with a poll yourself.

But slurs and harassment?
no.
there is no place for that here.
I'm not saying Dinks is a 'safe space' - nor should it be. If you have an opinion, and you share that opinion, you do so at the risk that others will disagree with the opinion. But when you are issuing statements intended to demean someone and only to demean someone, I can't support that. The owner of this server decided that slurs/harassment was not welcome here. Anyone who wants to harass/demean is welcome to continue down the server browser list.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preposal for Referendum Regarding the Regulation of Communication Between Gamers - by Jammin - 03-05-2021, 11:05 PM