Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PH] Feedback & Insight: Chat Slur-Block and Timed Mute and Gags
Yes, I know this is a basic copy and paste of what Nicol posted a few days ago and I think they are both good ideas. To show support of some things that would make staff life easier and things more enjoyable for the community, I am posting them both here. Also, if Dink sees that both of his main servers support the same thing, he may just decide to add it to every server.

Hello everyone! If you were unaware, @Stress Queen created a script for ULX that offers the ability to set time limits for mutes and gags. More info can be found in this thread. I want to make this clear, I tried at one point to get this added to at least test, but Dink never did, or if he did, he never told anyone about it on the PH side of things.

Adding this script however would require a change to out guidelines on muting/gagging. I've made some rough drafts of these changes, and would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions:

OLD: Player mic/chat spams

1. Player receives warning
  2. Player gagged and/or muted for a round
  3. Player gagged and/or muted for a map
  4. Kick
  5. Temp Ban
New: Player mic/chat spams

1. Player receives warning
  2. Player gagged and/or muted for 5 minutes
  3. Player gagged and/or muted for 30 minutes
  4. Player gagged and/or muted for 60 minutes
  5. Kicked
  6. Temp ban     
Several of the rules would have to be slightly altered. We would discuss these changes and make them as simplistic as we can for easy transition. With this set up, staff would not have to worry about remembering to ungag/unmute someone after "X" amount of time especially when the server gets chaotic. Other gamemodes like TTT and Murder may also appreciate this since chats change after an individual dies.

Depending on the situation, staff would still be allowed discretion (within reason) when it comes to how long a mute or gag should be. In rare instances, we could basically just have individuals permanently gagged or muted instead of relying on bans. For example, I feel bad banning a kid who is just excited to play the game, we would be able to circumvent the ban and just make it so they could not squeal into the microphone anymore.

The other item of note would be able to block certain words that has been recently presented. This would not be difficult to implement and I am partially surprised one does not already to exist. With this we could block certain slurs, like racist, homophobic, etc., from being used on the server in the first place. No system is perfect and players could get around the block but they would have to put in an effort to do so that staff can take care of immediately.

Let me know what you think of the potential changes and give your feedback on what can be changed. Do note: this is not a change in the rules. This is instead a change on punishment guidelines to make it easier for everyone.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
[PH] Feedback & Insight: Chat Slur-Block and Timed Mute and Gags - by TheUltraFish - 03-24-2021, 03:00 PM