Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obtain better vpn protection, and not perm ban the first ban.
Here's my suggestions:

1.) Do not perm ban on the first banishment

So, I rdmed people over several rounds under the name bspennington1 (I think I had three reports against me that were not forgiven). The response was to perm ban me, instead of banning me for 2 days - 1 week like other servers normally would do. In addition, a donor forgave their report against me because a mod gave them a non-descriptive warning (in their words, the comment was "."). I feel you guys should get your moderation processes figured out so more people would feel more comfortable playing (and maybe win over some rdmers with grace). I did rejoin as my main letting the admins know of this hole, just to immediately be banned. Of course I do not expect to be unbanned, but a common progressive ban system would be most efficient within these circumstances as rdming 3 people over several rounds (granted they were warned via autoslays) in my opinion does not warrant a permanent ban.

2.) Outdated vpn blocking protection

If you did have any vpn blocking, I was able to bypass it. I'd recommend researching ways to find custom vpn servers hosted in the cloud, as I could always just start another virtual machine with open vpn running, and re-connect under a new account with gmod borrowed. I don't intend on doing that on a massive scale as obviously I did not have a willing interest to continuously play your server.

Messages In This Thread
Obtain better vpn protection, and not perm ban the first ban. - by ttyyuu12345 - 04-04-2021, 09:34 PM