Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedydog Trusted Application - Round 2!
Hey Speedydog,

Thanks for applying. You are a good friend to me but I will be very blunt as a Staff Member.

I am fully aware you used to be staff on many servers, one being the community we shared (Sona.PW) , you know your way around the ULX menu and commands. But sadly I do have some concerns.

Competitive Nature.
You are incredibly competitive when it comes to kills. Are you willing to sacrifice the kills to watch ghosters, hackers, illegal spots, etc? Server comes before your score. I know there are times where I do get a tad competitive but I know when it comes time to sacrifice it in order to spectate users. I know I hear you talk about kills often and it seems you care about the K:D.
But of course this is the lesser part of my concerns, I am sure this could be fixed or dealt with in the future.

Attitude ( I had no idea how to label this because this is a lot in one )
There are days where you seem to get frustrated with staff being unavailable these days due to personal reasons or just staff feeling the burn out. Pauling did touch into this which is something I also wanted to touch into but I suck at English. I know there have been some comments here and there, outside of the discord, or even in VC, about Staff related things or even about staff in general. Such comments also include getting frustrated when staff aren't on fast enough, aren't dealing with things fast enough, things not going the way you wanted, or in general not noticing to something quite yet. We are only human, and it is all up to staff discretion of course.
I feel some of these feelings of frustration will carry over from Donor to Trusted and create this festering puddle of sourness between yourself as a Trusted and everyone else.

Additionally, I have noticed the inability to bring up legitimate concerns about any Staff Members, Regulars, or in general problems relating to the PH server to any Upper Staff. It is stressed to a T that if you have any problems you can talk to upper staff, Moderator or Admin alike, or bring it to the forums in form of Donor/Staff Abuse Reports or Ban Requests.
Talking about staff behind their backs isn't very cash money.

I am not comfortable with the idea of you being a staff member with some of these concerns, mainly on the Attitude bits. I believe it will lead to further issues in the long run. It's not personal, it is just my belief as a Staff Member.

( -1 )
I'm sorry, dude.
Hopefully you keep playing regardless of the outcome of this application.
Good luck on your adventures.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speedydog Trusted Application - Round 2! - by gerbil - 05-08-2021, 03:16 PM