Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedydog Trusted Application - Round 2!
Alright time to answer this staff application, so strap in folks because this will be a doozy.

Denying someone for their kill score or competitiveness is dumb and should not be used as a reason to deny someone. If you look in the past couple weeks, he has turned in multiple individuals for various amounts of wrongdoings from racial slurs, mic spam, ghosting, toxic trolling, hacking etc. Could go back further but that proves it point enough, and Speedy has turned a ban request in within the past month as well.

Getting after people including Speedy for not playing along when there are ghosters is another common response in this application. Key thing here is that he does not have to. It is nice when he does but he is not a staff member and does not need to play along but he generally does or disconnects. Some of his disconnects are arguing can be seen as attitude especially on off days but he is playing normally and is then told not to for who knows how many rounds. The game is meant to be fun and how can it be fun if you cannot play the way you want to that is not against the rules? Some of his reactions to this have been unpleasant but I understand why.

Finally, the things said in a private discord. I have seen the conversation from the discord as well as the PH staff team response to it. The topic was something misunderstood what Pauling had said and exaggerated to be far worse than what it meant. She was asking the people to record and gather evidence of the incident occurring on the server and that no one, including Ava, had to staff the server because none of them were staff. That was it, there was no malicious intent nor was Pauling requesting that Ava be recorded for some reason.

The staff response to this was just as bad and exaggerated as well. Everything was put into question that Speedy had done the past few months and situations of "well this happened, which means that happened, which obviously means this will happen". I want to make this clear, this thought process of people has been dangerous in this community that has caused divides and hate to flow that does not need to exist. Regulars and donors will always hated on staff the same as staff have always hated on regulars and donors. 

With everything that has happened however, I have no choice put to deny this request. What Speedy did was wrong but so was what happened on the staff side of things. They did the very same thing to someone else that has happened them several times to them when staffing in this community.

Speedy, you are on constantly, help out new players, and try to keep the server chill. I ask that in the future you look things through a staff's perspective when they ask you to chill for a few rounds so they can gather ghosting/hacking evidence. You are a very good player and have made it difficult to gather evidence in the past especially on maps you know. I also ask staff to recognize when they ask a player to alter their gameplay so that they can gather evidence on how annoying it can be for someone playing normally.

Speedy, I ask that you will apply for staff in the future in a couple of months or so. If you are confused on what a staff member says, please ask for clarification so that an incident like this can be avoided in the future. The earliest you may apply is June 12, 2021.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speedydog Trusted Application - Round 2! - by TheUltraFish - 05-12-2021, 05:22 PM