Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noting and Improving
I used to not have a lot of motivation to do much of anything other than what I had to do, stuff like going to school or being pestered to go to a family members house to fix some stuff.. but now that I'm older and have a lot more control of what I do in my life, whenever I feel bad about something not wanting to wake up for the day or start wasting my time going back and forth on firefox tabs, I make it a point to get out of my chair and do *something*.

It's a little weird, but I've discovered that I hate doing nothing.. if I start feeling lazy I will get up and start just walking around outside doing random crap like looking at a tree and going "hmm, that looks climable" and start crawling up it. Just today I got bored watching youtube so I walked onto my porch and paced around for a few minutes, and I saw how ugly and flimsy the gate that guards the stairs had gotten. I immediately grabbed an impact driver, unscrewed it, and threw it across the yard, and it felt a lot more productive than watching random youtube videos. I have to throw it away tomorrow though..

TL;DR when I'm feeling down and don't really want to get out of bed that day, I fling off the covers, put on my clothes and shoes, walk outside, and start doing literally anything. It feels a lot more productive than laying around inside *thinking* about doing stuff later in the day.

Messages In This Thread
Noting and Improving - by bespokepoop - 06-26-2021, 06:21 PM
RE: Noting and Improving - by Jammin - 06-26-2021, 10:05 PM
RE: Noting and Improving - by RussEfarmer - 06-26-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Noting and Improving - by §5Aki - 06-27-2021, 05:18 PM
RE: Noting and Improving - by Ryuji Sakamoto - 06-27-2021, 10:06 PM