Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noting and Improving
Today was a rough day. I woke up feeling blank and couldn't muster the energy to face the day knowing what I had ahead of me.

While this is an unfortunate universal occurrence for most people, there's something comforting about that. There are times where we count down the seconds until we can go to bed and there are times where we can't wait to seize the day. Personally, I enjoy journaling, songwriting, and exercising when things get hard. 

Although today was a shit show and it doesn't look like it'll be better anytime soon, I can take comfort knowing that I always have tools available when the going gets tough.

What are other practices y'all use to keep yourselves grounded when you're dealing with internal/external negativity?
I've reached a point in life where I no longer care about myself, and the only enjoyment I can find is from other people, notably my friends and a single member of my family.

also i play shitty games like cs and gmod just to remind myself that its not that bad, i could be one of those mouthbreathers who abuses the jump pack and mp9 and thinks they're good
(06-26-2021, 06:21 PM)bespokepoop Wrote: Today was a rough day. I woke up feeling blank and couldn't muster the energy to face the day knowing what I had ahead of me.

While this is an unfortunate universal occurrence for most people, there's something comforting about that. There are times where we count down the seconds until we can go to bed and there are times where we can't wait to seize the day. Personally, I enjoy journaling, songwriting, and exercising when things get hard. 

Although today was a shit show and it doesn't look like it'll be better anytime soon, I can take comfort knowing that I always have tools available when the going gets tough.

What are other practices y'all use to keep yourselves grounded when you're dealing with internal/external negativity?
I'm deeply religious, so I turn to that for most things.
Today's been rough for most of the day. Didn't get to bed until closer to noon, dealt with discord garbage until like 3 am then basement started flooding from a storm.

Some other things I do to help resolve negativity are do something productive, such as chores, study a new language (learning one for work), play games, etc.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I used to not have a lot of motivation to do much of anything other than what I had to do, stuff like going to school or being pestered to go to a family members house to fix some stuff.. but now that I'm older and have a lot more control of what I do in my life, whenever I feel bad about something not wanting to wake up for the day or start wasting my time going back and forth on firefox tabs, I make it a point to get out of my chair and do *something*.

It's a little weird, but I've discovered that I hate doing nothing.. if I start feeling lazy I will get up and start just walking around outside doing random crap like looking at a tree and going "hmm, that looks climable" and start crawling up it. Just today I got bored watching youtube so I walked onto my porch and paced around for a few minutes, and I saw how ugly and flimsy the gate that guards the stairs had gotten. I immediately grabbed an impact driver, unscrewed it, and threw it across the yard, and it felt a lot more productive than watching random youtube videos. I have to throw it away tomorrow though..

TL;DR when I'm feeling down and don't really want to get out of bed that day, I fling off the covers, put on my clothes and shoes, walk outside, and start doing literally anything. It feels a lot more productive than laying around inside *thinking* about doing stuff later in the day.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Personally for me most days are pretty hard but sometimes there's that little stretch in between it all where I can push myself through feeling depressed. Those days I cherish honestly.

That's when you just take time for yourself. Brush your teeth if you couldn't before, brush your hair, take a shower and change into different clothes. Clean up around your room and the house, etc. if you couldn't before but don't stress yourself out about cleaning because you're only tidying up. Later on you can clean once you really feel up to it.

Then do things you like. Listen to music, write songs, go outside and climb shit, play games, talk with your friends, etc. Just do something that will make you smile and make those happy chemicals inside your brain go brr.

Everyday is going to be different but you'll make it through it, I promise. <3
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
Taking care of oneself at times,

Listening to music to maintain focus while working

Do one of many Cambodian traditional dances and bending my finger back to which I can hold things without using the my fingers only the palm of my hand.

Draw random sketches from anime, version of how you see yourself, or draw nature

When there time of low, there always the opposite some day where times are high,

I kind of treat everyday, from Buddhist side, as try to see outside the standard thinking within the box,

One certainly will find the answers for their problems and question in one way or another,

the path to it is on their own terms...
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]