Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foot in the door, maybe something more?
DISCLAIMER: My intention here is to educate not to attack. Keep that in mind. 

What can you do to help the community?: I've spent a gracious amount of time in this server. I've noticed that one of the hard walls I hit whenever trying to gather evidence for potential spooky ghosts is the spectator restricted to staff rule. I feel like it would benefit everyone who I play with if I could properly gather evidence and put the baddies away with the real perspective
This statement bothers me on so many levels. As staff it is fairly rare to use Spectator to catch ghosts/hackers or rule violators, if you go back to the ban request section you will find that for staff majority of the time the violators are caught without even using the Spectator (Staff only) ability. IF you can't catch the violators normally, using that function will be pointless. When staff jump into spectator 9/10 times the people calm down because they realize that they're being watched. Jumping into Spectator is a big red flag for people. I jump into on occasion if I'm first joining the server and know there's another staff member, so that I can go on the opposite team of them (staff balance). 

I have a desire to help out my community and try to maintain a positive and fun environment. I enjoy a nice environment devoid of the trolls and like to keep it that way to the best of my abilities.
How do you intend to do this? It sounds nice an all but where is the action side of this? The question is What can you do, which restated as What are you going to do to help the community? 

If I could move up and have a more beneficial impact deemed from what comes with the title of Trusted then I could do a better job of maintaining the server I truly enjoy.
The difference between Trusted and donor (commands) is being able to teleport people and check their friends. Being Trusted does not instantly gain you some respect/ability to control the server, if anything the trolling gets worse.  You will constantly be attacked for being staff, not because you're a bad person but because you are the upholder of the rules; and lots of people have a problem with authority.

I would love to work with staff in coming up with better solutions in the future for a healthier community. 
You don't have to be a staff member for this, the forums are open to suggestions. Feel free to post your ideas. 

Why do you want to help the community?: My main motivation and driving force as I might have stated above is to keep the server as peaceful as possible. I prefer to have friendly chats while goofing around at times but find that time to be rudely disrupted fairly often.
Welcome to Gmod. It doesn't ever really stop, you just get small breaks in-between. 

There's not a lot I can do as a donor but to hold a position on the staff would make a difference in my ability to maintain the fun times. 
It's a mentality things, not a position thing. I've known several people who had the ability to get the server under control and they were not staff nor did they ever become staff. You can hold whatever position in staff you like but it's about your mentality not your position. 

My main aim is to be able to make a difference in the server that's positive and enjoyable to all those who log on everyday.
You can do this as a normal player, you don't have to be staff to make this happen. 

Before I cast my vote, I would like you Ryzif to answer these questions as Yes or No and explain your answer:

> Do you feel that you handle criticism well? 

>  Are you able to see another persons point of view without getting confrontational? 

> Are you willing to ask questions when you need help or don't understand something?

> Are you able to handle the fact that no one is above the rules to include: friends, staff, and Dinkleberg himself? (Meaning that you understand you will be giving appropriate punishments IAW PH Rules/Staff Guidelines regardless of the repercussions that follow)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Foot in the door, maybe something more? - by The Triangle - 07-06-2021, 09:20 AM