Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiny Quartz
Hi A,

I'm sure you have very little clue to who I am or why I am taking the time out of my day to make this post. Regardless, it's irrelevant. I would like to speak to you and ask some questions that are on my mind at this very moment. I will say that I haven't been able to see you in action in the discord directly, but I've seen some of the messages from quick glances and I would say you have formality down from a quick glance. I'm sure someone can go into detail more if they disagree with this statement, but again I have little knowledge on how you directly handle situations. I'd like to take a different approach from that and speak about the information available to me. Please know this is not an attack on you personally but a constructive criticism, and I hope that you can read it that way.

Quote:After becoming prop hunt staff, I wanted to become even more involved with our community by joining Discord staff.  I feel that after being discord staff for a while I want to be able to do even more to keep our server a safe and fun place.

These two statements concern me as a player that has been watching for a while. I've been recently on/off active over the past month or so, and I've been doing my best to help staff catch rule breakers. One thing that most players do is make use of the "on-call' function that was provided to us as players in the discord. While hanging around, I got invited to another discord server randomly that had quite a few of our players/staff (Server and Discord). In that time I used it to monitor how exactly others were handling themselves outside of the server that had responsibilities to the server. I get that people have life's, and people get burnt out easier when duty comes into the picture, but roles that require application knowing responsibility comes with it have an obligation to help when others cannot. I have used "on-call" multiple times to see a few staff members in another discord continue their game/ect and ignore their duties. At one point, I joined the discord channel from the other said discord with two staff members and asked if they could help me with a hacker on the server, one person was silent and another said they were to busy playing COD, at that point all that could be done is evidence gathering and a ban request. (All other staff members were offline or unreachable that I had direct contact with in the past.)

With this in mind, I'd like to provide some evidence from the screenshot below. Your current playtime shows a small amount of activity that could be directly linked to "on-call" events being smaller sessions. Maps are normally 30-40 minutes each, and your average session is roughly 51 minutes. But, your last direct "on-call" response was on 5/11/2021. With two responses to someone in discord about already being on the server (Because players never notice the obvious things..)

Gametracker Information

So my questions are simple but yet complex.
Have you lost the love for PropHunt staffing and found new love in Discord Staffing, and why do you think you feel this way if so?
Why do you deserve the chance for more responsibilities when it comes at the cost of other responsibilities?
Do you feel like you could juggle more responsibilities if given the chance to increase activity on another?

Disclaimer, most of my friends say that I am blunt when it comes to things. If you don't believe me, drop a message in PH Staff chat. I do not mean to come off an asshole or a dick when I stated what I have, I hope all goes well with the rest of your application but as of this moment I cannot support giving you more responsibilities in Dinklebergs Community. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope that you can clear some things up with the questions I have asked above.

Messages In This Thread
Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-06-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by real (4) - 07-07-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]Darkkran - 07-07-2021, 12:17 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-07-2021, 01:14 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by Mother Nuru. - 07-07-2021, 01:53 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-07-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by TheUltraFish - 07-07-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by Mother Nuru. - 07-07-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by The Triangle - 07-07-2021, 09:47 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-07-2021, 11:19 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by Mother Nuru. - 07-07-2021, 07:13 PM