Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(08-13-2021, 02:17 PM)dong Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 02:11 PM)Noire Wrote: However,  

Dong, you were a solo admin for a hot minute there I'd like to see what you and Nicol can do if you're a part of a team larger than yourselves. @bryanbrr and @Battons have completely eclipsed you and Nicol in server updates and a general feeling of newness and revitalization on the server. 

What could you possibly do to continue this upward trend on the TTT server? What can you do when you are on this team?
Admittedly I have never been one to do back end things such as weapon changes, hitbox issues with playermodels, lua, all of that jazz. I have and will always be more focused on the community engagement aspect. Having face and listening to community issues was the one thing I was best at. I worked on staff related things such as redoing committees (they got deleted rip), even reworked the rules before I left, but that never saw the light of day. I would strive in a team setting because Battons and Nicol are more technically orientated, whereas I feel like Bryan and I could do very well on the community aspect.

I want to comment on something discussed here as well. Being a solo admin sucks a good portion of the time and to put it plainly you do not have time to do everything. Yes, you can rely on other staff to handle some things but extra things like maps, playermodels, basically anything extra can seem exhausting after dealing with the community. Not to mention, you have to given final okays on such extra things in most situations. You have to keep the community in line while also keeping them happy while also keeping a decently active staff team while not handicapping or hindering them from doing their jobs. That on its own can either be easy or difficult, it depends on the day. Some days, nothing happens which is a good thing. Others days, it can be one or two things, and on different days, things can be purely chaotic with the server(s), discord, and forums. (You all know those chaotic days.) Tagged with that, everyone looking to you and taking everything you say in certain ways and you can be exhausted rapidly.

Yes, unresigning can and has been very bad in this community (I hate myself for jokingly making that term a thing when I did something similar). However, if we are going to focus on what basically one admin did during their tenure I ask that things be looked at other than what the changelogs say. How was the community at the time? Did the staff team get stronger/better? Did the server improve and at what and/or why?

Different admins also do different things. Like I can handle community issues as well as test maps and player models but the moment you ask me to edit a map or hand me some lua code, I am pretty much screwed (I am better than when I first joined the community but it's still bad).

added

I guess my vote, for what it is worth, is that I am fine with whatever happens. I do not play TTT so I do not know how he staffs on the server but if he was bad at it, I would have seen it on the forums and various discords. If he is applying for the rank again and has proven to be a good staff member with moderator duties, it would not hurt to have another admin around. It would suck if TTT had an admin go inactive and it be stuck on 1 maybe 2 admins to deal with everything. I doubt the TTT community would want something ignored or overlooked since that has been an issue for years. so +1 on that regard unless he sucks serverside.

Some of you may go like, "wait Fish, you do not play TTT so why are you voting at all."

Well, I commented on here twice already and have had to work with Dong in Dinkleberg's gmod on plenty of occasions before and since his return. So mine would be more of a discord/forum character vote more than anything else. It is up to TTT to decide for the server section that I cannot.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by TheUltraFish - 08-13-2021, 02:59 PM