Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
Preface

This is a surprise huh? As you all know I resigned in December from all roles of staff that I had, main one being TTT Admin. I had initially planned on not returning to staffing, but as you all can see one thing lead to another. Before starting off this whole thread I would like to give context on a multitude of things. You may be thinking if you want to come back now why did you resign before? To be completely real I was in a very bad spot in terms of being able to give my all. Around December I made the decision to withdraw from my University and work as much as I could because online learning due to COVID was just not doing it for me. Managing my real life, work, new girlfriend, dropping out of college (for now) you can imagine that does a lot to the psyche. To add onto that, there were also things not involved with my real life, that being things that pertain to TTT. Whenever I got promoted to Admin that was around the time that Nicol was working full time and tried his best to be involved, but I found myself also being a solo admin in a way, although he helped where he could. Being a solo admin is no joke. That was not meant to be a shoutout diss to Nicol, it is just the truth of my situation that played a factor into me leaving. Whenever it was time to actually leave I was offered the role of Inactive Admin until I could come back, and realistically that was probably the better option than leaving. My justification for the resignation is that I didn't want to hold a role of such importance and not do anything to benefit the community for god knows how long, so ultimately resigning so Dink can promote new admins was the better route.

Fast forward to present day donger you may also be asking, "What has changed from then?" Well, I am moving away from my home of 18 years and moving in with the the gf that I mentioned earlier and going to be working until she graduates then we will be moving to Florida. I mention that because I will have more time to spend involved with the community and TTT. My previous tenure as admin I had to work a lot and then go 2 hours away to visit her, but now I don't have to be gone for days at a time. 

People returning and getting ranks back is dumb

That is a very popular and valid opinion. If sponsors were still a thing for applications mine would be Bryan, Battons, and Dinkleberg. I believe whenever someone is wanting to return to their previous rank or staff they should be approached about it, not ask. There is a huge difference in those situations in my opinion. For my particular one however, I was approached by both Dink and Battons asking if I wanted to return in some capacity and I do obviously. My ultimatum to Dink was to instate me as a Moderator for one month so I can prove I will be around and so I could get a refresher. 
I would also like to copy paste my comment from a thread that Laced made found here which would be in relation to this situation:

Some things to take into account for reinstatement IMO would be:
1) If you have been involved since you have left
2) Have held more trust-needing positions
3) Time past since you resigned
4) What was going on whenever you initially left

I have held the role of TTT Mascot for several months now and have been involved with the staff discord and main discord. I requested the rank be made.  I was promoted to Admin last summer and resigned in December. The entire reasoning behind my resignation was out of frustration and things going on within my real life. I simply did not have anything left to give back and didn't feel like it wouldn't be fair to you all if I had just held onto the role of Admin. 

Being reinstated should be under the jurisdiction of the server admins and Dink himself (for whichever server you're returning to obv). The Christian situation is a matter of opinion, I was personally for him being Moderator again, but things obviously didn't workout that way.

Moving forward though.. reinstatement does set a rather interesting precedent, Is it favoritism? Is it needed? Who would fall under the qualifications of possible reinstatement? All of those answers would be selective and opinionated. It could be favoritism it could not. It might be needed for dying servers, and not so dead servers. And the qualifications would just be me repeating what I said up there.

It all comes down to:
Does the person want to take the mantle again?
Would it be beneficial for the community?
Have they had any issues?
And lastly, the seal of approval from whomever it may concern.

My situation in a dumbed down story:
I approached Jammin about being Discord Helper after members left the team and we needed help. I held the rank of Moderator previously in its infancy and didn't feel like it would be fair or a good idea in general to ask to be pushed up to Moderator.

I was approached about being a TTT Moderator once more. I have had the option of returning in some capacity since the moment I had originally resigned. Take that as you will.

The DR TMod role has been something that was never taken away from me as I've had it since the beginning of 2020 before they had any real staff.

That is all thank you for your time.

TTT Mascot

Ooooh a new rank. I had the role made for me and whichever former admin(s) it would suit. The purpose of the rank was to be an advisor to admins and all staff alike in the staff discord. I had no part in voting for things, but I was able to participate in discussions. So in a way I truly did never leave as Nicol mentioned in his thread. I have held the role of TTT Mascot since its creation for quite some time.

My Activity

I have been back in game for over a month now since my initial promotion of Moderator. Before you look at my game tracker and see the gap let me explain. The gap is due to me taking a much needed trip to Florida for quite some time. I post this with the promise of continued activity as both the admins and Dink are aware of the gap. 

Additional comment + conclusion

I ask that if the only criticism you have to give me is that getting rank back is dumb, I ask you to take into account my situation and whether or not me returning will benefit the community (you all). I have 2 years experience in staffing through multiple platforms of the community and want to continue to do so because I have loved every moment I've dedicated to ensuring a better environment for all. If reinstated I plan on matching my overall staffing experience (in terms of time) to this new tenure. I will be around for much longer than expected just because I am in such a better spot in life and have set plans for how the future will work for me. Lastly, I apologize if this was way too long and you didn't end up reading it, but there was so much to explain. 

Thank you for your time if you made it this far, 
ding dong
I guess the big question to ask is: why do you want the role back? Anyone who would actually want to be admin in this community, given its history, concerns me. There has been a history of admins in this community both being good and bad.

There's not a short of admins particularly for ttt with their being 2 basically 3 already(if you add Nicol and his ranks as well as thread heavily similar to this one), why do you think a server like ttt needs a 3rd/4th admin? This is also ignoring the fact that even though he said that he was gone, queef could come back at any moment and probably do whatever he wanted.

Now if you are talking specifically about being a ttt moderator, that would probably be easy for the ttt staff to figure out and you can ignore my previous question but it comes across as an admin rank request.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
My opinion on this remains unchanged. Unresigning is dumb and completely unfair unless the server desperately needs someone willing to take the mantle. TTT does not desperately need that.

ofc it's dink's server and he's going to do whatever he wants so disregard my comment
(08-13-2021, 01:33 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: My opinion on this remains unchanged. Unresigning is dumb and completely unfair unless the server desperately needs someone willing to take the mantle. TTT does not desperately need that.

ofc it's dink's server and he's going to do whatever he wants so disregard my comment
+1 to this
(08-13-2021, 01:27 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I guess the big question to ask is: why do you want the role back? Anyone who would actually want to be admin in this community, given its history, concerns me. There has been a history of admins in this community both being good and bad.

There's not a short of admins particularly for ttt with their being 2 basically 3 already(if you add Nicol and his ranks as well as thread heavily similar to this one), why do you think a server like ttt needs a 3rd/4th admin? This is also ignoring the fact that even though he said that he was gone, queef could come back at any moment and probably do whatever he wanted.

Now if you are talking specifically about being a ttt moderator, that would probably be easy for the ttt staff to figure out and you can ignore my previous question but it comes across as an admin rank request.
Trying to type this on phone storm knocked out power. To answer your big question I give you a simple answer, I was asked on whether or not I wanted to come back and I said yes because I still want to help out. I’ve been helping since I left, but without the role of admin. The having 1-2 admins is such a newer concept because there were always 5-6 on a team a few years back. Having more would be beneficial in terms of voting and getting different perspectives. Plus we all work and have different schedules, so we’d all be available at different times. I mean realistically I don’t need the role if you all don’t want me to have it, but I think it would be better to get TTT to have a larger admin team again.
I support dong returning as admin to clarify. Reasoning being that the way a lot of things are setup and run are in large part because of himself and nicol. I'll leave any personal opinions out of this however, if you want to inquire message me directly.
we already have 2 great admins (nicol) (battons) so +1 to what laced said
[Image: d74cc93f7f15dc210b3865dd363c823d.png]

[Image: e00546453a3b882f5b1e35972f6ee223.png]

I don't like unresignations. 

I generally think that the people who have unresigned in the past have done little to nothing to help the community post-unresignation. If they did do something to help the community, it was out of an absolute need for a person at a specific time, even still, maintaining the rank after a specific event leaves me with a "bad taste in my mouth".

That goes for anyone looking to unresign. 

However,  

Dong, you were a solo admin for a hot minute there I'd like to see what you and Nicol can do if you're a part of a team larger than yourselves. @bryanbrr and @Battons have completely eclipsed you and Nicol in server updates and a general feeling of newness and revitalization on the server. 

What could you possibly do to continue this upward trend on the TTT server? What can you do when you are on this team?

(08-13-2021, 01:55 PM)Caribou Wrote: we already have 3 great admins (nicol) (battons) (hong) so +1 to what laced said
nicol isn't admin
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(08-13-2021, 02:11 PM)Noire Wrote: However,  

Dong, you were a solo admin for a hot minute there I'd like to see what you and Nicol can do if you're a part of a team larger than yourselves. @bryanbrr and @Battons have completely eclipsed you and Nicol in server updates and a general feeling of newness and revitalization on the server. 

What could you possibly do to continue this upward trend on the TTT server? What can you do when you are on this team?
Admittedly I have never been one to do back end things such as weapon changes, hitbox issues with playermodels, lua, all of that jazz. I have and will always be more focused on the community engagement aspect. Having face and listening to community issues was the one thing I was best at. I worked on staff related things such as redoing committees (they got deleted rip), even reworked the rules before I left, but that never saw the light of day. I would strive in a team setting because Battons and Nicol are more technically orientated, whereas I feel like Bryan and I could do very well on the community aspect.
Not going to say yes or no to this because I have no idea about what goes on concerning the server. What I will say, however, is that resigning as an admin is a lot different than other ranks, in my opinion, due to the nature of the rank. Having an inactive admin is a lot worse of a look for the server than any other role. Also, unlike admins, having inactive mods, t-mods, or trusteds does not preclude other people from obtaining those ranks, but there is an artificial cap to the amount of admins, and having someone inactive taking up a spot on that list would be harmful. This is why if someone is going to go inactive as admin, they should just resign and then work their way back up instead of going inactive at the other ranks.