Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search for intelligent life continues
This happened a few days ago.. I work IT in manufacturing and our building got its power cut over the weekend so we could get some upgraded electric service. One techs job was to come in on Friday night before the power cut and power down our servers, and another techs job was to come in Sunday night when the power was back on to boot everything back up before Monday morning.

Friday went fine, but apparently we had our time server setting misconfigured on our primary domain controller, so when the guy came in to boot everything back on Sunday, no computers would sign in because the clocks on the domain controllers were wrong compared to the computer clocks. The tech does some troubleshooting, texts in the group chat to ask what to do, and someone else walks him through the steps to readd a time server (which doesn't work) before the tech eventually calls me to come in and fix it.

I drive over and go into our server closet to help. A monitor is plugged into our primary domain controller, so I look at the clock in the corner and ask "Did you try to just set the clock in control panel?"

He responds "Well, no I didn't try that"

So I went and set the clock on the domain controller to the time on my phone and rebooted. Everything worked fine, imagine that..

TL;DR tech calls me at 8:00PM on a Sunday to drive to work and set the clock on a computer

Messages In This Thread
RE: The search for intelligent life continues - by reinaberg - 09-14-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: The search for intelligent life continues - by RussEfarmer - 09-14-2021, 05:36 PM
RE: The search for intelligent life continues - by reinaberg - 09-14-2021, 11:06 PM