Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dinkleberg's TTT Speedrun (Trusted to Mod%)
Ingame Name: 
HONG
SteamID: 
STEAM_0:0:181855199
Discord Tag: 
HONG#1999
Time Played: 
3W 5D (624H total at the time of posting this)
When First Joined: 
May 11, 2021 (136 days ago at the time of posting)
Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 
Available on weekends, typically available in the afternoons of weekdays from 2:00 to 9:00 PM EST
Rank Desired: 
Current Rank: 
TMod
What can you do to help the community: 
Since I first started becoming more invested in the community, I've helped staff to keep the servers to be a fun place to play and hang out on. I'd like to continue doing this in a greater fashion, being able to help keep the community at its best as a Moderator. Beyond that, as some might know, I've helped prepare and test future content after being kindly offered to join what is now the development team for TTT. This started out small, suggesting what weapons should be looked at and how, and eventually evolved into making and helping test those changes myself. It is my hope that I can continue helping prepare and test content to the best of my ability to ensure the server is an enjoyable, balanced experience with fresh and exciting content.
Why you want to help the community: 
If it wasn't obvious already, I have a genuine love for this community and the people in it (even if I whine and joke sometimes). Battons himself put it best back when I applied for Trusted when he said I hold a passion for the servers and for my friends here (yeah I looked my name up in staff chat like a nosy bitch, what are you gonna do about it), and this could not be truer now, even moreso than it was then. I'm still very passionate about this community; I care about it in a way more than just wanting it to be a fun, troll-free place for my friends and other members--I want to see it continue to succeed, and provide for others the same joy that it still brings me now.
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): 
No
Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 
Yes, twice
How did you find us?: 
Started playing GMod again out of boredom, joined once off of a friend since a server we both played died not that long ago, continued to play to occupy myself from a really emotionally painful situation, as well as enjoying the people I played with. Don't think I've ever told the full story behind this, but there it is. 
Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): 
Yes
Other: 
Regarding my gap in activity some might bring up (and rightly so):
Now that I'm moved into my dorm and have adjusted to my schedule, I'm now able to consistently get on and make up for lost time (as seen by playing for nearly 7 hours in one day recently, 16 hours in total this week, and for at least 3-4 hours for the week before that).
My other attempt to make up for this anticipated gap in activity occurred before I left for college, submitting a lot of my best (most effort-filled) behind-the-scenes work in hopes to prepare future content while I was able to, as well as getting on the server and interacting with people as much as I could. 
Lastly regarding this, I've continued to stay active on discord and the forums even during this gap in activity, trying to continue to engage with the community I love by giving my insight into ban requests, staff applications, and the general happenings. 

Genuine thanks to everyone who's supported me throughout my relatively short time here. I've made a great deal of valuable friends here that I respect deeply. 

As always, no matter the outcome of this thread, I'll try my best to learn and continue helping the server as I always have done.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Dinkleberg's TTT Speedrun (Trusted to Mod%) - by HONG - 09-24-2021, 06:00 PM
RE: Dinkleberg's TTT Speedrun (Trusted to Mod%) - by reinaberg - 09-24-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: Dinkleberg's TTT Speedrun (Trusted to Mod%) - by David - 09-29-2021, 08:01 PM