Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standing over you with a crowbar as you read this
Ingame Name: coco??

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:88878083 
Discord Tag: coco#2163
Time Played: 150 hours
When First Joined: According to game tracker, October of 2020. Played once then, didn’t come back until December of 2021.
Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Weekdays 4pm EST till whenever the server dies, Weekends anytime
Rank Desired: Trusted
Current Rank: Donor
What can you do to help the community: I find myself in a full server often with only one or two mods on trying to manage the chaos, I just want to help out where I can! I have 3+ years of experience as a super admin on my last server so I’m familiar with how to handle reports and trolls. Partly in thanks to my experience, I can handle reports in a timely manner, and have already reviewed the staff guidelines so I have this server’s rules fresh in my mind. I also have little tolerance for bullying, targeting, harassment, anything of the sort- I would like to help keep the community a welcoming place.
Why you want to help the community: I joined this server after a two year break from gmod when nostalgia for the game hit one day. I don’t remember who exactly was on when I first joined, I just remember I was met with nothing but welcoming attitudes, which, as a woman on the internet, I don’t take for granted. I thought at first that I would just play for a few days then get bored of the game again, but I quickly fell in love with the community (and beating people with my crowbar). I have met some amazing people on this server, many know this server brought me to my best friend who changed my life, and for that I owe it at least my offer to help in staffing!
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No
Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): No
How did you find us?: Server list
Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes
Other: I want to quickly address a few things.
1.) My activity in the Discord server. I am pretty active in there, and I understand that I sometimes just plain talk too much lol. I just wanted to point out that I have never broken a rule in the Discord besides I do have one strike from posting a link to a twitter meme (lol did not know you couldn’t do that). And if the image I portray of myself in the Discord is not one that is concurrent with a staff member I completely understand and it can be changed!
2.) Enforcing rules with friends. Basically, yes, I would slay/gag/mute even Shaye if I had to (sorry ily). I genuinely value my friendships on the server, which means I also value holding them accountable for their actions to ensure the integrity of the server.
3.) My lack of ban requests. I only have one, which I understand is not a lot. I actually didn’t know ban requests were really a thing until around the end of March simply because I wasn’t really on the forums (besides for a giveaway) until then. Since I learned about them, I made the one when I saw the opportunity, and have kept/will continue to keep an eye out for more opportunities, I'd also like to point out that I haven’t been on the server much in the past two weeks due to having company.
4.) Why I think I’m a good fit for staff. I’m a pretty lax player on the server as far as play style goes, I care more about the community than my score. If everyone else is having fun, then I’m having fun, even if I’m not directly playing the game. I’ve never slurred, I don’t RDM (I’ll try to prop kill you and fail miserably), I do my part as a donor gagging/kicking/muting when it is called for and there is no staff present, mostly I just get on and swing my crowbar and have fun lol, but I really want to contribute to the betterment of the server. I have years of experience being a super admin on another server, so I’ve learned the balance between work and play in this game and after it not happening all those years I can’t see myself letting it become a ‘chore’ to handle reports now. Overall, I really genuinely care about this community and just want to do my part to keep it fun for everyone :)

Sorry, I won't make this any longer, I just wanted to note that any and all constructive criticism is appreciated and even if I'm not accepted I'd really appreciate letting me know what you guys think I can do differently to be a better member of the community. Thank you!!

Edit: Sorry the formatting makes it so unattractive to look at lol I can't figure out how to fix it

Messages In This Thread
Standing over you with a crowbar as you read this - by coco?? - 05-02-2022, 11:22 AM