Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The rules are equal for everyone.
(06-14-2022, 08:44 AM)Monkey Magic Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 08:33 AM)lance (2) Wrote: I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but after what I thought yesterday and reviewing the video today, it seemed like it was them talking shit back and forth to each other in a roast battle of sorts. The only thing Xomazzi seemed genuinely upset about (and the only thing they continued to seem to be upset about during this encounter) was that caribou was singing and yelling into their mic, and to be fair it was a bit loud and I think staff partake in favoritism toward them since they are pretty globally liked by everyone (however I do kind of recall you micspamming too Monkey, so in that regard it'd be a bit hypocritical).
Mazzi should probably not have been permagagged at all, but they were immediately unpermagagged seconds later so it's not as big a deal. Still a bit interesting that it happened to them and not caribou. It seems like caribou was gagged later on for around the same amount of time, albeit it not being a permagag.

Imo, if there's anything that happens here it should be some kind of review on how staff treat micspam and their punishments for it. It seems like a lot of the more-known players can get away with micspam while guests and such are immediately gagged and the enforcement on micspam seems pretty inconsistent, especially as of late. Micspam seems to be enforced differently depending on how tolerant others are of it, which I think is a bad way to approach things; a mic that is clipping/overly loud should always be micspam, singing should always be micspam (if cruise is an exception to this rule it should be listed), etc. This rule should not be enforced on a case-by-case basis like this when the microphones are blatantly/intentionally loud like this.

This report is not about me. Feel free to write a report on me if you want.

No player on the server behaves like this! Even when there are no admins on the server, we can calmly settle something. The player naturally yells into the microphone for 15 minutes, in the presence of the administrator. Imagine what would happen if the administrator was not on the server? (and he wasn't there anyway, as if there was no one.)

Never said this was a report on you, just noting it because I can't stand hypocrisy.
Also donors are able to gag and mute if no staff are online/if no staff are active (I would consider dong active). So perhaps it would not be as apocalyptic as you mention.
This is beyond the point though, I do not think caribou was intentionally trying to harm this person outside of joking around, seemingly with them. This report being made on their behalf too might be missing some context, i.e had Mazzi made this report themselves it'd be obvious they were upset and thought they were harassed/belittled. But you are kind of assuming for Mazzi that they were offended. It's kind of like those cultural appropriation tweets, where someone will step in and be like "omg this is so offensive" yet the culture actually being referenced does not care.
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Salty - 06-14-2022, 07:34 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by August - 06-14-2022, 07:48 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by lance (2) - 06-14-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Gabe - 06-14-2022, 09:08 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Murl - 06-14-2022, 11:03 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by voidzz - 06-14-2022, 09:45 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Salty - 06-14-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Jammin - 06-14-2022, 10:29 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by dong - 06-14-2022, 12:26 PM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by frost - 06-14-2022, 12:47 PM