Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The rules are equal for everyone.
Offender's Name:  caribou / dong

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:54233698/STEAM_0:0:68442040

Potential Witnesses:  @Rocket Man @Retrora  @Coconut Milk @Lance @XoMazzi 

Reason to Ban: Harrassment and targeting / Inaction and indulgence

Proof:  This video 

A simple explanation (My subjective opinion supported by the video and my presence throughout 2 maps):
Caribou: The player shouted into the voice chat, used profanity, threats and insults to the person/family of another player (XoMazzi and others).
It all started with the previous map (Simple). The player started shouting and drowning out the voices of other players in 8-10 rounds of the Simple map. The player continued to shout on the next map, but already using insults. The only thing I heard from the victim (XoMazzi) in the direction of the offender: "You can't sing!", "You're acting like a girl!",("XoMazzi told to the admin to shut up because Dong were harassing him 2 and "dong lame as fuck!"), "Stop shouting!" and etc.

Ps: The player's (Caribou) behavior is very strange, since only recently he was unbanned for another violation. Literally a couple days have passed and the player breaks the rules again. Smh. 

Dong: The admin was inactive and condoned the player's action. He also participated in bullying. Did not warn the player to stop the obscenity. Just watching. When asked why he did not intervene and did not stop this horror, the admin replied that the player had already stopped and did nothing wrong. Throughout all the rounds, the admin laughed and did not take any action to restore order on the server. Only once did he mute the player (Caribou) for visibility of his presence and actions when he was silent. The administrator also silenced the victim (XoMazzi) for no reason.
Unacceptable behavior on the part of the administrator should be punished.

Time codes:
02:13 The administrator silences the player after his own insults and insults from Caribou.
02:57 The administrator uses the server chat to insult the player
07:14 After so much time and shouting, the administrator gagged the player.
08:36 I ask the administrator why he is inactive and condones such disgusting behavior.
11:44 I ask why the administrator is still inactive
12:01 The administrator replies that the player is no longer behaving abominably and everything is fine.
03:01-03:19 Caribou rdms the victim
The rules are equal for everyone.
These just seems like basic back and forth from two players. Not much out of the ordinary. There’s arguments like these almost daily from almost anyone.

(06-14-2022, 04:27 AM)KneeGee Wrote: These just seems like basic back and forth from two players. Not much out of the ordinary. There’s arguments like these almost daily from almost anyone.

yeah argument not screaming like hoes
It's a ban request for caribou sure, but shouldn't it be a staff abuse thread for Dong.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=32

Since an admin was part of this shit show, Probably should be handled by the other admins.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Yeah Dong was muting Xomazzi and start screaming stfu.  Anyways the most annoying thing was this dude Caribou telling everybody to shut and screaming the whole time I just mute him after he just start screaming at me. he does that the whole time and of course the mod doing a damn thing to mute both of this guys. 
Thank you for the report, Monkey.

Courtesy of the US Equal Opportunity Commission:

Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, or pregnancy), national origin, older age (beginning at age 40), disability, or genetic information (including family medical history). Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive.

Out of these two possible scenarios, from what I've seen, this would be more likely to lie under the 2nd scenario rather than the first (considering this isn't a job environment by any means; HOWEVER, it seems to suggest that Mazzi wasn't a victim, as he was stating that carribou cannot sing, so I'm not entirely sure if we could consider this harassment.

Targeting in the context of Dink's Gmod (more detailed explanation at the bottom of this) is when someone is repeated RDM'ing someone they do not like; your video doesn't really show this, as it's more of a spout between two players.

For context, here is our definition of harassment and targeting:

Targeting and Harassment are intentional and malicious personal attacks on a player. Usually, due to a dislike or hatred of the player. They are considered a MAJOR punishment.

• Targeting is specifically singling out a player to act against IN-GAME across multiple maps or days. For example, if every time you are a traitor you knife a specific person this could be considered targeting. Another example would be following the same player every round. Repeatedly doing amounts of damage that are not quite reportable can also be considered targeting. 

•  Harassment is specifically singling someone out and aggressively intimidating or bothering the person based on appearance, personality, gender etc.
Please use staff discretion to determine whether a player is trolling another player or genuinely harassing them. 
I'm not sure what led up to this, but yeah Mazzi probably shouldn't have responded against caribou's singing. I don't completely blame him since it is technically mic spam, and yes he could've muted him. But man, holy fuck was the abuse towards him beyond crossing the line. Keep in mind, it wasn't just caribou throwing abuse at him, it was killah, dong to a lesser extent, and others as well (those are the notable takeaways I got).

To me it looks like it started out with a wrong from one side, and ended with a much more serious wrong on the other side. I don't know what y'all will do about this, but Jesus Christ this was pretty bad to watch.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but after what I thought yesterday and reviewing the video today, it seemed like it was them talking shit back and forth to each other in a roast battle of sorts. The only thing Xomazzi seemed genuinely upset about (and the only thing they continued to seem to be upset about during this encounter) was that caribou was singing and yelling into their mic, and to be fair it was a bit loud and I think staff partake in favoritism toward them since they are pretty globally liked by everyone (however I do kind of recall you micspamming too Monkey, so in that regard it'd be a bit hypocritical).
Mazzi should probably not have been permagagged at all, but they were immediately unpermagagged seconds later so it's not as big a deal. Still a bit interesting that it happened to them and not caribou. It seems like caribou was gagged later on for around the same amount of time, albeit it not being a permagag.

Imo, if there's anything that happens here it should be some kind of review on how staff treat micspam and their punishments for it. It seems like a lot of the more-known players can get away with micspam while guests and such are immediately gagged and the enforcement on micspam seems pretty inconsistent, especially as of late. Micspam seems to be enforced differently depending on how tolerant others are of it, which I think is a bad way to approach things; a mic that is clipping/overly loud should always be micspam, singing should always be micspam (if cruise is an exception to this rule it should be listed), etc. This rule should not be enforced on a case-by-case basis like this when the microphones are blatantly/intentionally loud like this.

I don't think anyone is that wrong here outside of the micspam, and I especially don't think that this should be a staff report for dong. Pretty much all staff are like this in regards to certain popular players getting away with yelling into their mic. It's annoying asf but it's nobody in particular and it's not really demotable since it seems micspam is an open-ended definition thats up to staff discretion a ton, perhaps too much.

Someone should try and get Mazzi to share their input here if they can.
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
I feel like making a massive reply to this but it just seems like late-night TTT overall. I'll put my thoughts together after work with a summary of the video for people who don't want to watch 14 minutes (I dont like just skipping to times because you can easily twist words that way.)

All I’ll say now is that caribou dropped it after round one and Mazzi kept instigating

-1 at the moment
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
(06-14-2022, 08:33 AM)lance (2) Wrote: I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but after what I thought yesterday and reviewing the video today, it seemed like it was them talking shit back and forth to each other in a roast battle of sorts. The only thing Xomazzi seemed genuinely upset about (and the only thing they continued to seem to be upset about during this encounter) was that caribou was singing and yelling into their mic, and to be fair it was a bit loud and I think staff partake in favoritism toward them since they are pretty globally liked by everyone (however I do kind of recall you micspamming too Monkey, so in that regard it'd be a bit hypocritical).
Mazzi should probably not have been permagagged at all, but they were immediately unpermagagged seconds later so it's not as big a deal. Still a bit interesting that it happened to them and not caribou. It seems like caribou was gagged later on for around the same amount of time, albeit it not being a permagag.

Imo, if there's anything that happens here it should be some kind of review on how staff treat micspam and their punishments for it. It seems like a lot of the more-known players can get away with micspam while guests and such are immediately gagged and the enforcement on micspam seems pretty inconsistent, especially as of late. Micspam seems to be enforced differently depending on how tolerant others are of it, which I think is a bad way to approach things; a mic that is clipping/overly loud should always be micspam, singing should always be micspam (if cruise is an exception to this rule it should be listed), etc. This rule should not be enforced on a case-by-case basis like this when the microphones are blatantly/intentionally loud like this.

This report is not about me. Feel free to write a report on me if you want.

No player on the server behaves like this! Even when there are no admins on the server, we can calmly settle something. The player naturally yells into the microphone for 15 minutes, in the presence of the administrator. Imagine what would happen if the administrator was not on the server? (and he wasn't there anyway, as if there was no one.)