Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No More Staff Apps!
Yeah, I'm not gonna make anymore staff apps. I lost interest in it a long time ago thanks to some people and have been desperately trying to reclaim my title as a trusted to no avail. (Yes I know it's my fault for not getting it back as I've become a bitter person since this incident.). Constantly being told you have to better yourself for a staff rank in a gmod community is exhausting and I will no longer be trying. I will play every now and then but going for staff is off the table. 

For new staff coming in:

-Use Your Head
Staff discretion is one of the most vital pieces of being a staff member in dinks. Think logically, and remember that you're allowed to disagree with other staff members/the staff guidelines.

-Don't Be Afraid to be the "Fun Police"
Let people have their fun, but don't be afraid to ruin the fun if they're breaking a rule. For example "Micspam" is a broad term. Usually I gag people eating their mic/directly speaking into it causing my ears to bleed even as a donor.

-Make Sure This is What you Want
This community's playerbase is overall pretty toxic. If you want to be the guy handling toxic people, then go for it. If you think it's gonna mentally drain you, don't do it. If you think it's boring to do, don't apply for staff.

My outlook on the community as a whole has been forever tarnished by people who said I didn't deserve to be a staff member (and go figure, most of them aren't staff anymore). IDRC if this gets closed or mass -1'd as I just genuinely don't care what the staff team/community as a whole thinks of me anymore, I just wanna air out what I think.

Messages In This Thread
No More Staff Apps! - by Damien - 07-22-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by Laced Xanax - 07-22-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by Deadpool - 07-22-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by BryanBrr - 07-22-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by Jammin - 07-22-2022, 09:29 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by HONG - 07-22-2022, 09:40 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by Quantum_Edge - 07-22-2022, 09:33 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by Battons - 07-22-2022, 09:38 PM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by blockhead - 07-23-2022, 08:04 AM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by Foxka - 07-23-2022, 09:49 AM
RE: No More Staff Apps! - by YourMateMurph - 07-23-2022, 10:25 AM