Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No More Staff Apps!
Yeah, I'm not gonna make anymore staff apps. I lost interest in it a long time ago thanks to some people and have been desperately trying to reclaim my title as a trusted to no avail. (Yes I know it's my fault for not getting it back as I've become a bitter person since this incident.). Constantly being told you have to better yourself for a staff rank in a gmod community is exhausting and I will no longer be trying. I will play every now and then but going for staff is off the table. 

For new staff coming in:

-Use Your Head
Staff discretion is one of the most vital pieces of being a staff member in dinks. Think logically, and remember that you're allowed to disagree with other staff members/the staff guidelines.

-Don't Be Afraid to be the "Fun Police"
Let people have their fun, but don't be afraid to ruin the fun if they're breaking a rule. For example "Micspam" is a broad term. Usually I gag people eating their mic/directly speaking into it causing my ears to bleed even as a donor.

-Make Sure This is What you Want
This community's playerbase is overall pretty toxic. If you want to be the guy handling toxic people, then go for it. If you think it's gonna mentally drain you, don't do it. If you think it's boring to do, don't apply for staff.

My outlook on the community as a whole has been forever tarnished by people who said I didn't deserve to be a staff member (and go figure, most of them aren't staff anymore). IDRC if this gets closed or mass -1'd as I just genuinely don't care what the staff team/community as a whole thinks of me anymore, I just wanna air out what I think.
Remember that you are allowed to use your head when making decisions as a staff member and the guidelines are NOT the be all, end all when it comes to punishing/not punishing people. Players, for the most part, respect staff members that don't absolutely lose their shit when someone commits the most minor offense (see Nazu's favorite queue for reference) and can handle fair, constructive criticism. What you should NOT do as a staff member is be that guy who destroys all the fun and nobody likes playing with.

However, should someone's fun cause someone else legitimate discomfort, don't be afraid to shut it down.

Also, for the love of god, don't ignore somebody reporting that they're being harassed, no matter what it's for.

Don't be stupid and you will be fine as staff.
cosmic tortoise for admin!
former admin2
What happened friend?
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Without leaking too much, I think the welcome you received when you became a staff member was pathetic. Not everyone had to agree with you joining, but that is not how we treat fellow staff members.
That being said, I agree with you that you play to have fun. And frankly, if you're not staff, you don't have to hold yourself to that higher standard. Not everyone has to feel obligated to join staff, frankly enjoy being yourself.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(07-22-2022, 08:24 PM)Damien Wrote: Yeah, I'm not gonna make anymore staff apps.

-1 not allowed

I need you to make atleast one more PLEASE I want u as my trusted buddy
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
(07-22-2022, 09:29 PM)Jammin Wrote: Without leaking too much, I think the welcome you received when you became a staff member was pathetic. Not everyone had to agree with you joining, but that is not how we treat fellow staff members.
That being said, I agree with you that you play to have fun. And frankly, if you're not staff, you don't have to hold yourself to that higher standard. Not everyone has to feel obligated to join staff, frankly enjoy being yourself.

I agree, as the person who I believe accepted Damien he was set up for failure and it pissed me the fuck off. Damien had so much enthusiasm for staffing and he just wanted to do a good job only to be meet with so much vitriol and people questioning our decision to put our trust in him was very annoying.
(07-22-2022, 09:29 PM)Jammin Wrote: Without leaking too much, I think the welcome you received when you became a staff member was pathetic. Not everyone had to agree with you joining, but that is not how we treat fellow staff members.
+1 to this

pathetic ass grown adults harassing a kid wasnt it
Similarly to several others, when I saw how you were handled when you got accepted, it made me irate; you were doomed to fail and since there was so much lack of support you probably felt animosity towards the community right from the get go. I honestly wouldn't blame you. I felt a similar animosity when a certain unban request had occurred, so I totally understand.
Thankfully i wasn't back yet when this happened because looking back at the old staff chat, the way you were attacked was frankly disgusting. that kind of shit lingers for a long time and can really affect your mental, which when you're young can practically be traumatizing. Shame on them.

I hope you do well in the future dame and i hope that you're able to have some closure from that crap moving forward. Best of luck, see ya around sometime.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions