Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling Out Garro
Alright, since there's 40 minutes of video and you make some broad claims, let's go through all of it.

Before we start, I would like to mention that English is not Garro's first language.  That's something we need to take into consideration.

Ignoring Sexist Comments and Harassment:
When it comes to sexism, there are a few points in your video that would have needed a warning.  After that, there are only a couple of people that would have received gags.
For example, Kehlrog the Overboss should have received a warning, then a gag for his feet picture and sexual comments towards one of the female players.  The players that I would have gagged have been logged so staff can see in the future.  None of the players in the video would have received a ban at this point, but if their behavior is recorded in later games, then that could change.
However, something like "Hey guys quiet down a girl is talking" isn't something I'm going to ask Garro to even warn for. 

Question: Did Garro maliciously and purposely not issue warnings and gags for sexism? No, I don't think so.  Garro was multi-tasking and as BIIG_SAD said, nuances of English can escape him.  It's hard for me (as a native English speaker) to parse out individual sentences when multiple people are talking, so I can only imagine how hard it is for him.

Result: No action (strike) will be given to Garro for this charge.  These players have been logged thanks to your video, so they will be punished accordingly if they continue to be a problem.  I will talk with Garro to make sure he's listening for certain keywords in English that could clue him into this in the future.

Gagging Unreasonably and Didn't Provide Proper Reasoning:
1. Garro does not need to explain everything he does to you.  You are not staff.  He does not answer to you.
1a. Example: 10 minutes into the video you are questioning why Garro gagged some people.  Garro had previously given a warning telling people to stop telling others to shut up when they are trying to talk.
These trolls then started to aggressively tell people to "shut the fuck down", which doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they are trying to do.  Of course they got gagged, I would have gagged them too.
You could have easily scrolled up in the chat to see his warning.
1b. 28:57 - Again, you can see that warnings were given in the video prior to this, this isn't hard to understand.
1c. 38:15 - Contrary to your belief, we admins are able to think objectively and hold our staff accountable.  This has happened many times in this server's history, and you most certainly don't see everything we do in the background off the server.

Result: No action (strike) will be given to Garro for this charge.

Multi-tasking:
Let me give you some insight into what Garro was doing on the server.
1. Handling trolls
2. Searching steam IDs to check for prior listings by other staff
3. Logging warnings/punishments
4. Handling not one, but two pairs of ghosters in the lobby.
Forgive me for saying that he shouldn't stop to tell you everything he's doing to ask if it was okay.

Staff Only Information:
Staff have access to the punishments given out to players by other staff.  If I'm on the server and someone says a slur, I look up their ID and see they that they are at a ban, I can ban them without giving them a warning.
You, as a non-staff member, do not have access to staff punishment logs.  You don't know if a player is a serial offender, so please don't always make the assumption that staff are gagging without warning.  We keep logs for this very reason.

Foot in Mouth:
You posted the entire video, so that means I watched the entire video.  It also means I get to bring up anything you did in the video as well.
You've told me that you want to be helpful, so why don't you try to be helpful instead of making it harder for our staff? Let me give you some examples (I didn't include everything you did to be unhelpful):
1. ~23 minutes: A player is asking what they could do to get gagged and you start to give them suggestions?  The guy did what you told him to do and got gagged, good job!
2. 34:40: good job being helpful.
3. 38:33: Garro's warnings were throughout the video.  Your donor was removed in part because you:
3a. Made up your own rules and didn't follow the warn/gag/kick guidelines that were sent to you multiple times
3b. Used commands improperly resulting in multiple abuse threads
3c. Literally if you had just not used your commands when staff were on, and actually followed the punishment protocols referenced in the donor guidelines, you would still have your donor.  It's actually pretty hard to lose your donor on our server but you managed to do it!

If Garro was gagging without giving any warnings, then I would be concerned.  The warnings are throughout the video.

Last Message:
You know what would have been most helpful of all Steven? If you had sent Garro a message in admin chat like:
"@ Hey Garro, PLAYER and PLAYER are sexually harassing PLAYER, listen to what they are saying"

Did you do that? No, you instead decided to be part of the problem instead of the solution.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]

Messages In This Thread
Calling Out Garro - by Steven - 09-20-2022, 12:31 AM
RE: Calling Out Garro - by Jammin - 09-20-2022, 01:05 AM
RE: Calling Out Garro - by [test] mattquake11 - 09-20-2022, 01:26 AM
RE: Calling Out Garro - by BIIG_SAD - 09-20-2022, 01:52 AM
RE: Calling Out Garro - by Garro - 09-20-2022, 06:51 AM
RE: Calling Out Garro - by Nazu - 09-20-2022, 01:13 PM
RE: Calling Out Garro - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 09-20-2022, 04:46 PM