Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Anti-resignation? - I don't know, couldn't think of a cheesy title.
Steam/Forum Name: chibill

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:92904246

Discord ID: chibill#0427

Hours Played: 890hrs

When did you first join the TTT Staff Team?:  Applied June 8th, Accepted June 12th

What do you plan to do as a TTT Admin?: 
This is a bit of an interesting one. For the most part I plan on just doing what I have been doing for the past 8-ish months, where I do my best to maintain the server as a fun environment for the community. (In the past this has been by staffing the server mostly and working on the server’s addons.) I do have plans to continue looking for ways to improve community resources on the server, for example I am currently working on a Damagelogs / RDM Manager update, to show other entities in the death scenes (I started working on this after having to deal with a few T Turret related reports in a row.). 

Aside from the stuff I already do, there are the new responsibilities that being a TTT Admin would bring that I believe I am capable of handling. None of these can really be planned for since each time one of them comes up it is a unique situation. Although Server Development in the sense of the responsibility of an Admin is different then what I currently do, since as an Admin, you are developing the environment of the server to further the community and bring needed change when at times the game can become sort of stale. 

How can you help the community beyond TTT as an Admin?:  
I feel like I can help the community beyond TTT as an Admin by working with the other admins when community wide issues come up which is one of the main things that an Admin would be responsible for outside of their direct community. For example things involving the forums and discord. 

I can also help coordinate group work between the servers for addons more than one of the server uses or addons that TTT develops that could help the other servers (for example our !staff command or improvements to ULX commands.) 

In all honesty, I am not sure how else I can help the community beyond TTT as an Admin that I couldn’t already, even before I applied for TTT Staff and I found this as sort of a hard question to answer, but it is a good question because it makes one think.

What made you decide to apply?: A mix between wanting to eventually apply with one of the older “informal” apps later this year  and there now being a formal one. And also a few little nudges by some community / staff members. 

Anything else you would like to add?:
I do have experience being an Admin of a “large” community. Granted it was years ago (2016 when I was just entering College) and also a Minecraft Redstone server, but I feel like it is relevant. Post from that communities old form for reference:  https://forum.openredstone.org/thread-10004.html Granted in that community most of the difference between Mod and Admin at the time was direct SSH access into the servers for handling plugin updates and server MC version updates and also access to most of the commands on the servers. 

A side from that, I am not sure what else to say.

Messages In This Thread
An Anti-resignation? - I don't know, couldn't think of a cheesy title. - by chibill - 02-10-2023, 03:40 PM