Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
From Donor TMod to Admin? Will I Evolve One Last Time???
-1. I think it's way too soon. I appreciate and respect that you've been staff since 2017, that's a long time and dedication. Even if you take a few breaks, which is normal. I can see you have the dedication, motivation, and energy to want to be Admin.

You've only been Mod since November, so I still think you need time to prove yourself to a comfortable degree and stand out. You can still do many of the things you said you want to do as Admin in your current position as TTT Mod. You can be a role model for future staff members, help new staff members, help with problems, propose new ideas, and just be intimately involved in the community. Doing this will only help you grow and become a stellar candidate in the future.

Being Admin comes with A LOT of responsibility beyond just doing some of those things. You have to put in a lot of work to get stuff implemented, deal with major issues, work with other admins from across the community, help with community-wide issues/bans when they do happen, etc.

Here's another one of my concerns:
You mentioned
  • "For example, I want staff members from different servers to talk more with each other either in Discord or even in-game."
  • Also, I want to be someone anyone can come to with their problems. No matter what server you come from, what rank you are, or how long you have been with us, I want anyone to be able to come to me for assistance with anything."

My concern is that you yourself need to work on engaging with other aspects of the community first before you develop plans to have others do just that. Your last message in the main discord was on 2/2/23. Besides that, you only have 3 messages in total. Why would someone from another server want to come to you with their problem if they hardly know you or have never seen you speak? I think it'd be hard to have a majority of non-TTT players able to trust you to that level.  Just in general, that's something you gotta ask yourself.

So I'd highly recommend that you branch outside of the staff discord/ttt bubble. Being Admin is a community-wide position. That's one thing that's overlooked. You want the community to become familiar with you as a person and trust you. It's like how a lot of people know me despite not playing on any of the game servers anymore and mostly just chatting in the Discord/forums. You'd be dealing with some community issues as an Admin and would want to be somewhat familiar with some of the people/whatever substances those issues may involve that may not be ttt-related. Especially if you want people to trust you from other servers.

Talk in the main discord sometimes. Interact with people from other servers. You want to have that level of community engagement yourself first before you can go making plans to have others do the same thing. I'm sure with time people will become familiar with you if you chose to engage with discord more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Donor TMod to Admin? Will I Evolve One Last Time??? - by Gabe - 02-24-2023, 08:31 AM