Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Staff Descriptions
“While we could write out everything that a staff member might have to do on the server, it's much easier to point someone to the staff guidelines and say "These are the rules to enforce".

I agree with this. In following your understanding of the baseline simply as. “Enforce the guidelines” However though this might feel granular. Allowing for the applicant to be able to see at a glance. “Oh the mods help enforce the guidelines” and then “Oh here’s the numerous things they do” would be helpful. 

I guess as format what this would look like practically would be Read this before applying add A brief preamble of sorts welcoming all applicants and reiterating what the point of being a staff member entails. Going no further then, but within freedom to expound upon “Enforcing the rules” and then within that somewhere immediately directing them to what the Guidelines. 

It wouldn’t be exhaustive. And some might find it too much. But it creates a system of flow where information and getting to the information that could be asked becomes easier. 

“The guidelines change based on new situations we can't predict.  Some of the guidelines were literally made due to the actions of a single individual! The guidelines have been relatively stable for the last couple of years now though.”

Completely understand that. With this thought. Im simply referring to the self-depreciative opening sentance of the staff guidelines as something that can instantly think that the thread due to the initial thread being old being something that is outdated. While yes, it is very much something that is still being updated (as of may)  It feels silly to have a throwaway statement like that in a staff guideline. Again, The second sentence onwards is incredibly professional. And starting there would be much better.

“We don't make a lot of contributions that admins have made public because they are not something we really want to talk about.  For past PH admins, we could literally say "Thank you for protecting the community from people spamming CP on the server, in your DMs, in discord, etc."  Yes, that has happened and most likely will continue to happen as long as sick fucks exist in this world.  Admins field a lot of bullshit from trolls as well.  "Why can't I say n***** on the server reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" complaints happen a lot more often than you think.  We handle content updates (when Dink has time to put them on the server), update shop contents (I'm about to release about 40 new items I made in the points shop), deal with ban/unban requests, and deal with other community issues that we can't discuss in public.”

I understand that the specifics of Admins can deal with some horrible stuff (ty btw <3). Though I agree and understand why not all of it needs to be broadcasted. Could not a blanket statement of something like the following be possible?

Admins handle all of the aformentioned (referring to Mods-Trusted dealing with enforcing guidelines and such) while also dealing with would-be egregious offenders. In addition, they also handle content updates (pardon my lack of legalese)

Though this might not be the opinion of Admins I believe the handling of content within the server (maps, skins ect…) and the cross community collaboration (whether for moderation or simple relation purposes) is something that could be shown. It helps to show that above simple moderation. At the highest level there are individuals who are more than just enforcing guidelines, but also pushing the game and the community forward.

P.S: This is all out of love, and just generally seeing the answers of tossing out ideas. Thanks everyone thus far for taking the time to respond.

Messages In This Thread
Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 02:35 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 07:30 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by reina - 06-13-2023, 07:21 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by chelllman - 06-13-2023, 09:21 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 10:14 AM