Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Staff application for The Lamb
(07-31-2023, 01:18 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: -snip-
to explain further:
(1) you said: "
Because I like seeing cheaters cry, mainly. Staff already know I'm quite vigilant. I also want to have more direct input in improving PH." you told me this yourself in your app. you seek to punish, and that is the least desirable outcome for this server. Ideally, we would only have to remove problems once in a blue moon. Additionally, this conveys a lot about your attitude and stance about staffing. to you, it seems like staffing serves the role of a punisher; to punish people. It is not. the main goal of a staff member is to (a) be a pillar of the community that people can get advice about and (b) help keep the server as a nice place

(2) it is true, your discord ban was/is old. However, it is not the age of the ban, but the topic that is concerning to me and likely others. so no, it is not something to say "calm down" over. 
(see: situation 10; Prop hunt rule guidelines). We take matters like the topic that you got banned for talking about very seriously. a previous ban on that topic is generally something to talk about seriously. It is not, in fact, something to be blaise' / laissez-faire about. Honestly, your attitude about it could sour people. Instead of adressing a concern about that topic seriously, you downplay it as if it were not a bad thing. Spoiler: its a bad thing. Time doesnt really fix that stuff.
also you have to understand that not all the staff know you all that well in terms of prophunt. So the only litmus test we can use is to see how you have behaved in prior. when picking staff, we take a lot of steps to ensure that the staff we pick are not only good at staffing, but can be pillars of the community in a positive fashion. behaviors like getting banned, and in recent, activities like getting muted by an admin (recent event), tend to make the data-driven amongst us look at people in a certain fashion.

(3) by overbearing, I meant overall behavior. also, dont be quick to sus. that's literally not how staffing works. to quote what another staff taught me: "if you solve your problems with a hammer, everything will look like a nail". In other words, don't be hasty to jump the gun. 

(4) same talking point as 2.

New point (A) I discuss a prior event because it is important. See (2).
New point (B) wording is VERY important. people say what they mean.  Do not try and obfuscate that your wording is not important. it is.
New point © is my response kind of prejudiced? perhaps. but it is worth noting that I am reviewing based on everything you have said in your staff app, the way you carry yourself in discord (recently you were muted by an admin; I was there to witness it), and any prior listings/mentions of you in the community. So yes. Perhaps one could label this "bias" or "prejudice". I would argue that I am simply using past and present data to drive a decision in the present. Is that biased? perhaps. people change. But the fact that you received a prior ban PLUS the fact that you recently received a discord mute from an admin tells me alot. 
New point (D) do I dislike you? eh, not really? I mean, you aren't a bad guy, y'know. simply, I disagree with how you handle/tackle challenges, how you carry yourself, and how you are quick to sus. That is what I object to in this staff app, not you as a human being.

I personally don't think you are ready for staffing prophunt, for the stated reasons, explanations, and counterpoints.

people are free to vote as the please. but these are my opinions.

Yeah a lot of staff didn't agree with that ban in the first place. Reina pardoned it immediately without so much as a forum post. Just Jammin being ridiculous. Could have been solved with a warn and an explanation. Time very much fixes that. It's a "serious" thing because you are living under the great eye of Discord, so we want to stay as far away as possible from that subject. When I said that two years ago I wasn't exactly thinking of your reputation with the Discord employees.
Do I know not to even mention that topic in passing now? Absolutely.

And removing problems is what keeps PH good. I don't think we should be shying away from that, because that's a big part of what you do. People do game nights, answer questions about how the game and community works, but most often, they bring down the mighty hammer upon the troublesome nail.

I don't like you being a pedant about my wording. You are reading far too into it. I'm not really happy with a decision being made on my staff application based on a data-driven psychoanalysis of a lighthearted joke consisting of a six word sentence. Having some edgy humor in my posts is what I do and I don't really feel like I need to write a proofread cover letter fit for a job at the CIA to be first rank trial staff on a prophunt server.

You want to see how I operate in practice? It's already there. I do what I can in the PH server as a donor and do my best to follow the best practices like warning > round gag > map gag, that sort of thing. I think the fact that I haven't been stripped of my donor rank or had someone posting in the forums about donor abuse is proof enough that your data driven analysis isn't really data driven at all.

You all want me to be more active in the forums? That's fine. I liked Birb's post. It was fair and gave me tips to improve. Give it time and some active participation in the forums. It's positive and encouraging. I do not like your assessment that holds past pardoned mistakes from two years ago over my head like insurance looking at speeding tickets. So yeah, none too pleased with that and makes me think you don't like to me to treat that as an error I cannot recover from.
[Image: cult-of-the-lamb-pentagram.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-30-2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-31-2023, 01:18 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Praise the Lamb - 07-31-2023, 01:52 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Bird (2) - 07-30-2023, 10:56 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Blu - 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by August - 07-31-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Carson - 08-01-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-02-2023, 07:16 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 08-02-2023, 09:14 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-03-2023, 09:06 PM