Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Staff application for The Lamb
(07-31-2023, 06:23 AM)August Wrote: Hi Lamb. I’m going to warn you that I’m going to be brutally honest. I don’t do it to be mean, I’m doing to face the problem head-on to show you what you need to work on.

To be blunt, I do not support your staff app for a few reasons.

First, I think you’re doing this more as a selfish reason. You want the power, you want the status, and I believe this because when you came back to the community you had this air of entitlement as if this community owed you something. It didn’t, but I believe you think it does.

Second, you complain CONSTANTLY. It’s to the point where I personally had to mute you on discord because you just wouldn’t stop despite being told multiple times to chill out. As of me writing this response, this happened four days ago. You do have a discord ban on record as well, but you correctly acknowledged this was a while ago. While I was definitely present for that incident, due to how much time has passed, it does not hold any real weight to me so consider that ignored right now.

Lastly, it’s just your general attitude. I touched on it a little in the last couple points, but overall you do not carry yourself like a staff member. There isn’t a real sense of maturity that I can see that tells me “yeah he’ll be alright as a staff member.” You also jump to conclusions VERY quickly, without really investigating or putting much thought into it. The most recent example is what the others had already talk about, when you assumed someone was ghosting with only 3 kills in 3 rounds. Had you thought about it and looked into it, there was not enough there to support any real sus of ghosting, let along a ping for staff.

Overall, I just don’t think you’re anywhere near ready for us to allow you into the team. Now ultimately it’s the call of the PH Admins, but I recommend that you wait, work on yourself and get better, and come back at a later time and we’ll see if you’re ready.

1. Ah damn, I just knew that power hungry cult leader dictator funny man character I pretend to be on Discord would come back to bite me. This reason's kinda silly. It's just a fun character I play.

2. Fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But I do care. Mainly giving you a hard time because the server hasn't changed much from when I joined 2 years ago. It's frustrating when everything seems to move in slow motion here. It's like, okay, we don't go for the neck when dealing with cheaters. But the map vote thing just seemed like nothing was being done about it for like a week. There's no problem to deliberate on or anything and it frustrated me that it was just, pbbbth, stuck at a standstill.

3. I don't really super agree with this. Well, with the maturity thing. I don't think that needs to be an always on thing for a staff member, if you understand what I mean. I'm perfectly capable of flipping that switch.

I also don't see what's wrong with sussing on someone. I didn't say to ban him, but I like to play the game and not have to do the job of a staff member when staff is already available to do it.
Could I more definitively prove that guy was cheating? Pretty much, yeah. I kind of thought it was staff's job to help with the community's concerns and I had one.

This is also ignoring the many times I do ping for staff and it's fairly definitive. The situation you just described has pretty much happened once. You all told me how you felt about it, and it hasn't happened since. So I don't know if it's really fair to hold that over my head like you all are.

(08-01-2023, 03:35 AM)Carson Wrote: Not gonna dwell on the topics already mentioned a lot, except for when you say "i like to see cheaters cry." I know it says cheaters specifically, but that just makes it seem like you think the only way any problem can be solved is through using commands, when its not. Situations can be handled through de-escalation.
You also said you didn't make a ban request on some ghosters and just asked staff to watch them because you don't have the tools staff have, but you don't need to. If you are able to record that's all you need to make a ban request.
On the server you are pretty chill for the most part from what I remember from 2022 and my sparse activity as of late. You also have used your donor commands when staff is on before.
Overall, you are a pretty chill guy for the most part when nothing too serious is going on, but you really need to work on the points everyone else has said. -1.

I don't deescalate with hackers and ghosters, that's just silly. I absolutely ask people to stop being loud and annoying in voice chat and give warnings and whatnot. Nobody's complained yet.

And yeah, I just wanted to enjoy my night and staff were on so I asked if they could take a look. That also only happened once. Rest of the times ended in them getting banned pretty much right there and them being sure-thing cheaters. I prefer that to making a ban request on the forums. Whole process start to end gets wrapped up on the server by a single person.

Like once, when I first came back. Hasn't happened since.
[Image: cult-of-the-lamb-pentagram.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-30-2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-31-2023, 01:18 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Bird (2) - 07-30-2023, 10:56 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Blu - 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by August - 07-31-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Praise the Lamb - 08-02-2023, 04:51 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Carson - 08-01-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-02-2023, 07:16 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 08-02-2023, 09:14 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-03-2023, 09:06 PM