Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Staff application for The Lamb
(08-02-2023, 07:16 PM)reina Wrote: (we have the same pfp so this may look a little confusing to some, sorry)

Your attitude in this thread is that of a person who is so confident in their own judgment and decision-making abilities that they are unwilling to learn or adapt to the expectations held for staff in this community. I'm not going to assume you are that person, but I am going to give you some advice that may help you not come across as that person. 
If your intent is to debate about whether or not your behavior is already befitting of a staff member, just give up now. Stop defending yourself, bite your tongue, and say "thank you for the feedback". These criticisms aren't accusations for you to argue with. They're feedback to help you get a better understanding of how you can change your behavior in order to present yourself appropriately and be a good staff member. 

This application is a learning opportunity for you, not a trial. Stop treating it like one.

it's not a learning opportunity for most of these posts because a lot of it consists of
1. assuming i'm going to be power hungry because i said i wanted to make cheaters cry
2. got banned two years ago
3. you sussed on someone once recently and pinged staff and for that reason you clearly have no idea how to spot ghosters.

I don't really feel like my staff app is being given a fair shake when that's most of the complaints. If that's what's to complain about then I'm not sure I'll ever be able to live up to these standards. Be somewhat suspicious of someone and call attention on it once? Not fit for staff. I'll always have been previously banned. And I'll have always have made the joke "want to make cheaters cry".

The fairest criticisms are my inactivity on the forums, the recent mute, giving staff a hard time. Those are solvable. I'm not really going to just shut up and take it either. I'm going to dispute what I think are some silly criticisms.

Thanks for reminding me about that Discord ban I got two years ago that could have been a warning instead. I guess I'll sit here and wait another ten, twenty years or something like that. Til I'm at least 40. Maybe a human lifetime is enough to make a Discord ban statistically irrelevant in the eyes of a data driven analysis. Maybe you can see why this line annoyed me.

I'll be sure to have my staff application for this prophunt server professionally proofread next time as well, to the exacting standard that a gmod community on Discord requires, to ensure there's no language that could even in passing be misconstrued as power hungry, not that I could even do anything to wreck the server in the first place as trusted that I couldn't have already done in the past two years as a donor. I already HAVE power. Perhaps next time I'll just have ChatGPT write it for me, since boring, safe, serious fluff pieces are its specialty. Maybe you can see why this line annoyed me.

Only two responses were ever really totally fair and those were Bird's and August's. Every single reply here could have been a copy paste of Bird or August's replies and I would have been fine with that and as you said, bite my tongue and say thanks. I pretty much said exactly that to Bird. If I ever make a staff app and someone calls out my previous ban or a lighthearted joke as reasons to -1 you can be sure I will dispute and argue against that as well, because those will never stop being silly reasons to hold someone back from staff.

It's hard not to see this as a trial since I'm having to defend the actual severity or scenarios that are being brought up in objection to my becoming staff.

I don't know what else to tell you. Say months from now I make another staff app, and I haven't done anything else objectionable since, is that going to be enough for you? If I have learned, are you going to give me credit for that? I feel the answer is no based on the feedback I've gotten. It's very discouraging.
[Image: cult-of-the-lamb-pentagram.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-30-2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-31-2023, 01:18 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Bird (2) - 07-30-2023, 10:56 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Blu - 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by August - 07-31-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Carson - 08-01-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-02-2023, 07:16 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 08-02-2023, 09:14 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Praise the Lamb - 08-03-2023, 07:23 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-03-2023, 09:06 PM