Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH]
Hello everyone!

I've noticed a lot of bans for ghosting and RDM and leave are the majority of the bans in the ban appeals section, and I've also noticed so many regular, returning players getting banned for a very long time for slight offenses, and often times this can result in them being pushed away from our community and on to other servers, which isn't what we're about here. I've even noticed a couple times someone has disconnected due to lag or a crash or something similar to that, and they were pretty much insta banned just because they disconnected with a slay still on them.

As an attempt in cutting down on these bans of quality players, I'm making a slight amendment to some rules. The amendments are as follows:

[TTT RULE MODIFICATIONS]

Currently the TTT rule for ghosting as per the rules thread is

Ghosting Punishment:

- All Offences: Permaban

*This will be modified to include instances of "moderate" and "severe" ghosting:

-Moderate Ghosting Includes:

-psay message to another player on the server with game-related information

-New players who may not be familiar with rules talking to friends in Voice or Text Chat outside of gmod

-Anything accidental.

Moderate Ghosting Punishment:

First Offense: Warning
Second Offense: 1-week ban
Third Offense: 1-month ban
Subsequent Offenses will be left to the discretion of the admins.

Severe Ghosting Includes:

-Intentional/Malicious sharing of game-related information through voice or text chat.
example: Experienced player (member+) psaying a friend on the server telling them who the traitor was who killed them

Severe Ghosting Punishment:

First Offense: 2-week ban
Second Offense: Permanent ban

Mods: If you are unable to decide between moderate and severe ghosting, place a temporary ban (if necessary) and leave the discretion up to the admins.

*The TTT Rule for RDM and leave will also be modified:

Current Rule:

- One week ban for each unserved slay

This will be modified to:

1x RDM + leave = 1-day ban (1,440 minutes)
2x RDM + leave = 1-week ban (10,080 minutes)
3x RDM + leave = Permanent ban

RDM and leave was more of an issue back when leaving the server would cancel your slays, but with the aslay system, they stay on the player through disconnects.. There is no slay evasion. 

[PH Rule Modifications]

The only PH rule receiving a modification is the current ghosting rule.

Current Rule:

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Warning 2: Final Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Punishment 1: Permanent Ban

This will be modified to:

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Warning 2: Final Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Punishment 1: 2-week ban (20,160 minutes)

Punishment 2: Permanent ban

***Also there is one final thing I'd like to note for ALL servers. I've noticed people will kick AFK's when the server is not full and right at the second they notice someone is AFK. Please give people a little bit to come back! Obviously if someone is farming hours, I don't want them to stay on the server, but right now staff on all servers seem a bit too kick-happy.

STAFF: Please ONLY kick AFK folks who have been AFK for at least 1 hour. I'll be making staff only adverts on all servers to remind you guys of this, but please pass word along to others and correct anyone who kicks someone prematurely.

Messages In This Thread
Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - by Dinkleberg >:( - 10-20-2017, 08:54 PM