Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you choose your screen name?
How did you choose your screen name?

Simple question but might be difficult for many to answer.  
This topic was on the old forums  but I must remake it here so we get to know the new people.

I also wanted to add If you are going to be one of those people who say "it was just something completely random" or "it came out of nowhere"
My experience and research of "those" people have told me they have either something to hide, something they are ashamed of or something they are scared to tell.

You probably have the absolute most interesting stories and should not be afraid to share it and i WILL pick on you for copping out if you do.
Don't underestimate me, I will fish out that Club Penguin username!

I will start.

So why am i a fish?
Well thats easy. 
On minecraft i used to afk in a wishing well.
Someone on my minecraft server threw some gold blocks into the magic wishing well and wished that i was a fish and i have been a fish ever since. I dont know how many years now.
I continue to honor that wish today.

Now the name Sugam is more complex.
The simple answer is that it is Magus spelled backwards.

So why did i pick Magus?
*Pulls out the corn cobb pipe*

BACK IN MY DAY we played we played these games that were inside of these things called carterages.
It was a NAND based technology. One of these games was called Chrono Trigger and Magus was my favorite character in the game so my handle online was Magus.

So why is it written backwards?
Well back then I was pretty young getting into computers and admining servers.
I was apart of an old school CS clan which had some drama  and I was exiled from the community due to some completely fictional accusations.

As i was practically a child back then it had a big influence on me.   I stopped playing games for many years because of it.
I lost trust in others online and it was a hard lesson to learn.

When i came back I changed my name   Reversed it   because I was more mature now and I knew how to handle situations better.

I hope you people approve of the "Sugam" I became.   I am still growing but my resolve is the same.

Messages In This Thread
How did you choose your screen name? - by A Fish - 12-17-2017, 02:34 AM