Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you choose your screen name?
My name used to be Kuro because I thought the Japanese language was awesome back in high school and I also liked the card Dark Blader from yugioh.

I combined the two to become KuroBlader, which I used for a long time before I met my current girlfriend who had the japanese word for rain as her steam name so I wanted to copy it. So being the gay man I am I decided to theme mine with hers and chose the opposite, being fire or kasai in japanese.

Thus I became KuroKasai.

Recently I wanted to get away from the Japanese because people though I was a weeb and I didn't like that so I set out to change it to something else. I thought about how I wanted to return to the server soon and Halloween was coming up so I went a ghost theme, something I've liked since I was a kid. But just like before, I decided that english wasn't good enough so I chose German, having been taught the language and having family from the area I liked the way some words sounded.

So Just like that Ghost became Geist, and Geist is sometimes taken so I typically take GeistWalker, taking the ending from my grandfather's middle name of Walker.

(Yes I know there is a more 'direct' form of saying ghost in the german language, but did you know that german has several different words that mean the same things in different context? The more you know.)
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."

Messages In This Thread
How did you choose your screen name? - by A Fish - 12-17-2017, 02:34 AM
RE: How did you choose your screen name? - by Geist - 12-17-2017, 10:25 AM