Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and clarifications concerning rules
So, I've only been back a few days, and I've noticed something different about  the TTT server.  Racism.  Fucking.  Everywhere.  I'm not talking casual pokes like "sup nigga".  I've heard and seen people using all manner of abusive slurs.  I haven't seen this many "niggers" thrown into conversations since Django Unchained.  And everyone's just OK with this.  I've been told by a staff member that this is perfectly acceptable, unless they decide it's not.  At which point they can choose to follow the written rules.  I was informed this was changed a while back to allow for such language.

Looking at the TTT rules, it still states:

Quote:6. Do Not Flame Or Troll Players
Flaming, harassing, trolling, or targeting other players is prohibited. Offensive language (racism, sexism, etc) is NOT allowed in any form.

Harassment Punishment:
- 1st Offence: Warning + temporary !gag or !mute
- 2nd Offence: Kick
- 3rd Offence: 1 Day Ban
- 4th Offence: 1 Week Ban

And even after looking into the aforementioned rule change, I found this:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=1291

Quote:A few months ago, the rules were rewritten to allow the use of the word “n word with hard r” on the server. There had been a decent push in the community for it to be allowed, so the privilege had been bestowed upon you to use it in a reasonable fashion.

You have taken this privilege and abused it. It is now being revoked.

As of this moment, ALL blatantly bigoted language is forbidden on the server. This includes but is not limited to:
  • Racism
  • Sexism
  • Antisemitism
  • Islamophobia
  • Transphobia

One of the reasons you were given the ability to use this language was because it was becoming a nuisance for staff to handle telling you to cut it out. Your actions with this privilege turned this nuisance into a problem. The phrase “within reason” clearly meant nothing to those who wished to abuse it. It’s their fault that everyone is subject to this change in policy.

We're apparently even tolerating this from staff.

[Image: 4hkRzTf.png]

As I've been told, this subject is a grey area, and it's something that really shouldn't be.  It's either to allow people to use whatever hateful and derogatory language they feel like, or to disallow it entirely as it previously was.

With all that said, I would like clarification.  Is it, or is it not allowed on the TTT server?  I eagerly await a response, as it will determine whether or not I remain a part of this community.
[Image: image.php]

Messages In This Thread
Questions and clarifications concerning rules - by Woraug - 01-13-2018, 02:05 AM