Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with jump pack and hitboxes
There is in an issue where the jump pack allows people to jump into the ceilings on certain maps, hiding half their model and a good amount, if not most, of their hitbox.  It makes the target jumping into the roof nearly impossible to hit while for the duration of their time in the ceiling.  This is an issue that I have noticed since I first joined a month ago, but only recently has it become prevalent on most maps that have low ceilings.  I believe that most people know what I am talking about, but for those that don't: when jumping and crouching with the jump pack, you are able to get your model/hitbox to go partially or in some cases mostly into the ceiling if the ceiling is low/normal height.  From what I have gathered it seems like most of the people who frequently play on the server realize this is an issue, but it's come down to the point where if you don't do this you could be at a serious disadvantage in fights.  I also can't think of anyone who would oppose this being changed.  That being said, I'm no technical expert so I don't really know what could be done to fix this.  The only things I could see as a solution would be to increase the gravity on the jump pack to lower the jump height, or as a last case scenario to remove the jump pack from the server, at least until it is fixed.

These are some screenshots from Vannah, a map where the low ceilings make this exceptionally bad/aggravating:

As can be seen at certain points half or more of the model/hitbox is protected inside the ceiling
[Image: 20190815194039-1.jpg]
This post is already pretty long so I'll just add the link to the other photo: https://i.ibb.co/4grrgcn/20190815194017-1.jpg

I'm fairly confident that others might have evidence, or if not they can definitely vouch for this happening.

Messages In This Thread
Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by Ckg - 08-15-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by Beepo - 08-15-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by Foxka - 08-15-2019, 08:52 PM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by happy - 08-15-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by Fozzy - 08-16-2019, 03:29 PM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by Fozzy - 08-16-2019, 04:52 PM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by Avi - 08-16-2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Issues with jump pack and hitboxes - by rue - 08-17-2019, 08:41 PM