Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion
I'll put my 2 cents in.

I feel like the BIGGEST change that needs to happen with a weapon rebalance is not to change every gun in the game; I think we simply just need to nerf the better weapons.

One of the few guns in the games that is the BEST without any sort of counter-claim is the Vector. Everyone can agree on it. Every active member believes this. The fire rate + the low recoil + the gun damage is so fucking ridiculous that you can kill 2 people with it in less than 1 seconds. 22 damage a hit with 16 bullets a second fire rate means you could theoretically kill 3 people in one second if they were all relatively close to each other. Compare that with every other automatic gun in the game doing 16 damage a hit, which requires 7 bullets a kill with significantly lower fire rates and higher recoil makes it the GOD gun.

I've tested most of the other weapons in the server and they all feel relatively balanced to be perfectly honest. But the fact that the Vector is better in every single metric by at least 33% makes it unviable to use the other weapons. The other weapons aren't bad, they just aren't the Vector.

The solution shouldn't be to buff all the other weapons because then every gun is OP and the game is unplayable. The Vector should be brought down to the other guns levels in terms of fire rate and damage at least, and it would still be a good option because of the sight it has + the low recoil [that it has currently]. Every other gun has its ups and downs that are clearly defined [AK high damage, high fire rate, EXTREMELY HIGH recoil; Galil medium damage, high fire rate, medium recoil; etc etc]. If you just make all of the stats on the gun not god tier, then the game is pretty much balanced in terms of primaries. I already see people pop off with the AK, Galil, and M16 all the time pre-weapon rebalance as they are in good spots and aren't OP.

In terms of secondaries, I would say just make the S&W have about 35% more recoil and it would be better than it is when people can 100% headshot 5 people in a row without missing.

In terms of equipment, keep the striker nerf you previously put out this week. The striker is actually a pain in the ass to fight against and is completely unfair in every metric [the choke on that gun literally lets you snipe from 60 feet away with 30 damage a hit]. Also maybe put a limit on chicken eggs to 2 or something because Im tired of T's spending 3 credits and having about 20 KFC buckets that let them have infinite health in a round pretty much.

I made a forum post about all weapon damages previously and I genuinely think that really shows what needs to be changed. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ISS-Vector Please take a look at this and just see why the Vector is OP and why every gun should not be brought to that level. If you nerfthe Vector, youre pretty much changing the entire server's playstyle because everyone uses it as a crutch and people will eventually have preferred guns for preferred play styles instead of a Jack of All Trades [or in this case a King of All Trades]

(10-18-2019, 07:31 AM)Meeemo Wrote: Galil ar : 40damage to the head with an insane firerate all the weapons are basically a vector 2.0

btw the galil did 57 damage a headshot not 40.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Meeemo - 10-18-2019, 07:31 AM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Connar - 10-18-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Herp - 10-19-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by tjs65 - 10-19-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Summer - 10-21-2019, 02:38 PM