Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Damester's Trusted Application
Ingame Name: Damester

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:221473561
Discord Tag: Damester #7573

Time Played: 214.73333 hours / 12884 minutes (at the time of typing this out)

When First Joined: December 31st, 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): ~10:00 am - 9:00 pm is when I usually play but I'm on sometimes at 4:00 am. I'm in pacific standard time.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I feel like I can give people an unbiased and honest take on situations. I've been an active player for some time now and I know the rules and I also know that sometimes there's situations where staff have to handle a ton of people and simply can't due to being understaffed.

Why you want to help the community: This community needs healing, and it's very obvious it needs it. Adding experienced players to the trusted team is the right thing to do to get the healing process started since experience players want the staff to understand what's going on with the server.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Nope.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12274

How did you find us?: I was bored on new years eve and decided playing on the server because of the cool name.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes.

Other: I am 100% open to any sort of criticism justified or not, so please voice your opinions/concerns on me
hey damester, nice to see ya applying! I’ll start my response by saying what I like about you/your application. I think you’re pretty active in the community and have been for while a while, minus an occasional hiatus it looks like. You show a good amount of care in observing the rules and helping Dinkleberg’s in general. When I see you on the server you seem attentive to who may be causing trouble. I also see some clear improvement from your last application to this one. On the forums you seem unbiased, and your activity on there and discord is good. One last note is that you are on at a lot of different and irregular times which would definitely be a help to staff.

Some things I would personally say to improve on that might potentially make your application weaker, is that a lot of your forum activity seems to be farming ban request replies, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but I would prefer to see more ban requests you make yourself, as you say in your application that we are understaffed there should be many opportunities to fend off basement dwellers yourself (at the time of writing this I see you posted a new ban req & the evidence is good so you’re definitely good in that aspect). Another thing is on your application I would have personally liked to have seen a little more in-depth as to why you think you can help the Dinkleberg’s community. And lastly (and I could be wrong on this one) But I feel like you can come off as being on the trollish side on the server occasionally, I could be wrong cause Im pretty bad at paying attention to every single player, but I just wanted to mention it incase it follows up, I can’t recall you causing any issues on the server personally!

To conclude on a positive note I think you’d definitely be capable of doing a great job in the Trusted role! You’re active, unbiased, and know the rules and have a good sense of judgement. Im giving an overall +1
(12-29-2020, 04:58 AM)jingle rats Wrote: hey damester, nice to see ya applying! I’ll start my response by saying what I like about you/your application. I think you’re pretty active in the community and have been for while a while, minus an occasional hiatus it looks like. You show a good amount of care in observing the rules and helping Dinkleberg’s in general. When I see you on the server you seem attentive to who may be causing trouble. I also see some clear improvement from your last application to this one. On the forums you seem unbiased, and your activity on there and discord is good. One last note is that you are on at a lot of different and irregular times which would definitely be a help to staff.

Some things I would personally say to improve on that might potentially make your application weaker, is that a lot of your forum activity seems to be farming ban request replies, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but I would prefer to see more ban requests you make yourself, as you say in your application that we are understaffed there should be many opportunities to fend off basement dwellers yourself (at the time of writing this I see you posted a new ban req & the evidence is good so you’re definitely good in that aspect). Another thing is on your application I would have personally liked to have seen a little more in-depth as to why you think you can help the Dinkleberg’s community. And lastly (and I could be wrong on this one) But I feel like you can come off as being on the trollish side on the server occasionally, I could be wrong cause Im pretty bad at paying attention to every single player, but I just wanted to mention it incase it follows up, I can’t recall you causing any issues on the server personally!

To conclude on a positive note I think you’d definitely be capable of doing a great job in the Trusted role! You’re active, unbiased, and know the rules and have a good sense of judgement. Im giving an overall +1
Thank you for being 100% honest! I can definitely see how you could see me as more of being on the trollish side of the server since I kind of am and will 100% admit to it, but that's only because I wanna make people laugh rather than people hating me. I'd never break a rule for the sense of humor though, humor has it's limits.
+1, just don't let the other staff talk to him too much given that he's 14
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
(12-29-2020, 07:20 AM)Gabeolo Wrote: +1, just don't let the other staff talk to him too much given that he's 14
Hey man quit talking to me

(Thank you for the +1 bro)
+1. I like Damester as a staff candidate a lot. You shouldn't really look at age as a factor to deny him, as there's 23 year olds in this community who are emotionally weaker than he is. Damien is quite mature for 15. 

He knows  how to listen to others, and that is a crucial quality to have in a staff member, as we shouldn't bring someone on simply because they "Know the rules." He's easily going to be a good team player. 

Oh yeah also, completely unrelated, it's his birthday, so wouldn't it be a sick gift to give him staff? thanks.
(12-29-2020, 12:08 PM)Salty Wrote: +1. I like Damester as a staff candidate a lot. You shouldn't really look at age as a factor to deny him, as there's 23 year olds in this community who are emotionally weaker than he is. Damien is quite mature for 15. 

He knows  how to listen to others, and that is a crucial quality to have in a staff member, as we shouldn't bring someone on simply because they "Know the rules." He's easily going to be a good team player. 

Oh yeah also, completely unrelated, it's his birthday, so wouldn't it be a sick gift to give him staff? thanks.
Hey Salty thanks for the feedback and the +1! My birthday should totally  be a factor in my application
(12-29-2020, 03:38 AM)Damester Wrote: Ingame Name: Damester

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): ~10:00 am - 9:00 pm is when I usually play but I'm on sometimes at 4:00 am. I'm in pacific standard time.

What can you do to help the community: I feel like I can give people an unbiased and honest take on situations. I've been an active player for some time now and I know the rules and I also know that sometimes there's situations where staff have to handle a ton of people and simply can't due to being understaffed.

Why you want to help the community: This community needs healing, and it's very obvious it needs it. Adding experienced players to the trusted team is the right thing to do to get the healing process started since experience players want the staff to understand what's going on with the server.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12274

How did you find us?: I was bored on new years eve and decided playing on the server because of the cool name.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes.

Other: I am 100% open to any sort of criticism justified or not, so please voice your opinions/concerns on me

As A person from the quantum community I'd +1
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
(12-29-2020, 02:12 PM)~Quantum~ Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 03:38 AM)Damester Wrote: Ingame Name: Damester

As A person from the quantum community I'd +1
Quantum Community is the Best Community
+1 I've played with Damester a lot. He gets a lot thrown at him because of his unfortunate name, but he remains calm through all the ridicule. He's very mature for his age too. I'm sure that accelerated growth is from a tragic childhood involving bullying. Kids can be cruel, that's for sure. Lamester is constantly active as well. I don't have anything negative to say about him and I've shared server space with him for at least 20 hours. I mean I've never seen him rdm or break any rules, and he strives to bring a fun and entertaining vibe to the server every time.

I'm surprised he's not already trusted honestly. Yet another disappointment involving Damester. Good Luck on the application and I suspect you'll get it.