Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Looking for Feedback: Timed Mutes & Gags
Hello everyone! If you were unaware, @"Stress Queen" created a script for ULX that offers the ability to set time limits for mutes and gags. More info can be found in this thread.

I am currently testing this out for use on the TTT server. Adding this script however would require a change to out guidelines on muting/gagging. I've made some rough drafts of these changes, and would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions:
[Image: IMG_20210322_191546.jpg][Image: IMG_20210322_191557.jpg]

As you can see, a lot of changes have been made due to the potential implement of timed mutes and gags. This allows the guidelines to contain specific time frames rather than relying on a staff member to mute/gag then manually unmute/ungag. Staff would still be allowed discretion (within reason) when it comes to how long a mute or gag should be.

Let me know what you think of the potential changes and give your feedback on what can be changed. Do note: this is not a change in the rules. This is instead a change on punishment guidelines.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
just add it already
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
I think these new changes to the guidelines would work out ok. So spamming has 5 max offenses now, yeah that will make sense in my opinion with the time gag thing. Anyway yeah but I think staff would be able to handle these changes fine. I can’t think of anything wrong with them at the moment once the time gag system is in place for staff but that’s just my opinion.
I was thinking of something I've seen on other servers where there's a limit to how long you can hold down and use push to talk and if it reaches the limit it gags for a certain amount of time. I feel like that could be good to add as well in case no mods or donors are on and someone wants to be an annoyance.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(03-22-2021, 07:37 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: I was thinking of something I've seen on other servers where there's a limit to how long you can hold down and use push to talk and if it reaches the limit it gags for a certain amount of time. I feel like that could be good to add as well in case no mods or donors are on and someone wants to be an annoyance.
Voice battery or something like that? Yeah that’s has been suggested in the past I think but it got shot down. Main reason I believe is because sometimes there are some players who talk a lot and are not really trying to be annoying. Keyword some players.
(03-22-2021, 07:39 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 07:37 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: I was thinking of something I've seen on other servers where there's a limit to how long you can hold down and use push to talk and if it reaches the limit it gags for a certain amount of time. I feel like that could be good to add as well in case no mods or donors are on and someone wants to be an annoyance.
Voice battery or something like that? Yeah that’s has been suggested in the past I think but it got shot down. Main reason I believe is because sometimes there are some players who talk a lot and are not really thing to be annoying. Keyword some players.
Yeah but people like that can be obnoxious. And most of the time they're not talking about the game or anything and it can over shadow call outs and stuff like that.
(03-22-2021, 07:37 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: I was thinking of something I've seen on other servers where there's a limit to how long you can hold down and use push to talk and if it reaches the limit it gags for a certain amount of time. I feel like that could be good to add as well in case no mods or donors are on and someone wants to be an annoyance.

The reason it was shot down in the past is most of the people we have issues with micspamming do it for such a short amount of time that a mic battery would only be a hinderance to our regular non micspammy players.
good concept gives staff less stuff to think about and prevents forgotten gags and mutes
(03-22-2021, 07:43 PM)Battons Wrote:

The reason it was shot down in the past is most of the people we have issues with micspamming do it for such a short amount of time that a mic battery would only be a hinderance to our regular non micspammy players.
Idk I currently play on a separate ttt server (for when dinks is dead) that uses it and have had no issues. I feel like it would be used as I said for when no one with powers is on to handle obnoxious mic spammers. Just a suggestion tho.

But yeah implementing timed gags is very helpful for moderaters cause a server I've moderated in the past had them as well. Great for forgetful mods.
Yes.
[Image: xdjlve.png]