Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff the shotgun
if your way to used to m9k shotguns or just gmod shotguns, CSS SHOTGUNS ARE NOT SNIPERS at all, the point is to be in there face shoving up there ass so you get a good chunk of damage but not insta-kill everytime because otherwise its too op more complaining. but it [/i]should[/i] one shot on head still but it shouldent one shot on body and you cant forget bullet spread, all bullets need to hit the head
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(04-13-2021, 09:03 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: if your way to used to m9k shotguns or just gmod shotguns, CSS SHOTGUNS ARE NOT SNIPERS at all, the point is to be in there face shoving up there ass so you get a good chunk of damage but not insta-kill everytime because otherwise its too op more complaining. but it [/i]should[/i] one shot on head still but it shouldent one shot on body and you cant forget bullet spread, all bullets need to hit the head
thats great and all, but the current shotguns arent even consistent with close up damage either.

(04-15-2021, 09:53 PM)Jimmy Jam The Dab Man Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 09:03 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: if your way to used to m9k shotguns or just gmod shotguns, CSS SHOTGUNS ARE NOT SNIPERS at all, the point is to be in there face shoving up there ass so you get a good chunk of damage but not insta-kill everytime because otherwise its too op more complaining. but it [/i]should[/i] one shot on head still but it shouldent one shot on body and you cant forget bullet spread, all bullets need to hit the head
thats great and all, but the current shotguns arent even consistent with close up damage either.
You can sit still, take a second or two to aim and still not have enough pellets connect to get a 1 shot headshot with any of the shotguns even if you're 100% on their head.
(04-13-2021, 05:52 PM)Jimmy Jam The Dab Man Wrote: Can we go ahead and find a good balance for the shotguns and stop nerfing them once a month, Both the original and pump can't even 1 shot point blank to the head anymore. Whats the point in the pump shotgun if you cant even 1 tap point blank to the head. Am i just supposed to get one shot off and die because the shotguns only do 85 damage point blank to the head?
i dont believe theres anything wrong with the damage of them but maybe the range needs a little touching up because they drop off way to close and its just very innacurate which shotguns will be to an extent but it shouldnt just miss from a few feet away when ur aiming at a person whos standing still and shooting them in the head
here is my poor representation of the m9k and css sandbox weapons i have, the css weapons work in sandbox the same on the server but i don't know if the shotguns have ever been edited before battons was bradmin and why would you go for headshots with a shotgun, you should aim for the body so you have the most area to hit. in the end though it is my opinion that the shotguns are perfectly fine and they don't need to be able to oneshot someone.

" battons was bradmin" not saying he touched them
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
No, literally every other TTT server has a buffed up shotty and it's stupid. It takes the fun out of the game when you have what's supposed to be a close ranged weapon, snipe you from halfway across the map and kill you. I like the shotgun the way it is; REALISTIC. It kills in 1-2 shots close range and 3-4 in medium range with more than a clip/unable to kill in long ranges.
I'm very thankful that the shotgun isn't the go-to weapon on the server. It's still an effective weapon, but there are other more versatile options that higher skilled players opt for, which isn't something you see a lot on other servers as @"Damester" said.

Something that WOULD be cool though is if the bullet spread on shotguns were not random. I have no idea if this is possible, but random spread is a thing on casual TF2 servers, and it's frustrating.
(04-16-2021, 10:29 AM)Damester Wrote: No, literally every other TTT server has a buffed up shotty and it's stupid. It takes the fun out of the game when you have what's supposed to be a close ranged weapon, snipe you from halfway across the map and kill you. I like the shotgun the way it is; REALISTIC. It kills in 1-2 shots close range and 3-4 in medium range with more than a clip/unable to kill in long ranges.

Uh, realistically a shotguns maximum range can reach 5 football fields (2000 feet).

Effective range is 150 feet which is still farther than what is going on with the server
[Image: xdjlve.png]
we talking realism on gmod again? smfh
yeah bro I totally play gmod for a 1:1 accurate recreation of the world gun physics, and if you wanna complain about guns that one shot at any range what about the deagle that hits 150% of headshots and will kill at any range.
(04-13-2021, 06:44 PM)Battons Wrote: I've literally never touched the shotguns since I have been managing the weapons on server, they are hard to balance without making them too strong and imo are fine at the current moment. If anything I'd argue some pistols need more work...
Bring back the DB