Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoops thats an Murder Admin application
(05-16-2021, 02:13 PM)Damien Wrote: +1

Norm I truly think you're ready for the Admin position, and I think it's hypocritical to shame him for "Abusing" his powers when staff do this all of the time. Plus it's a server that's not as active as most, so it's not that big of an issue.
I wouldn’t say that staff abuse their power and murder is active but only at certain times. In regards to chat spam. Even if Norm did at a few points ever spam chat with commands (like Matt said) I feel like that wouldn’t be a big problem if there’s not that many people on. Plus it is chat. My point is that even dinkleberg himself has flooded chat with ulx commands with what I remember was a full server but I have never seen Norm flood chat like that so...
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(05-16-2021, 02:37 PM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:

Norm I truly think you're ready for the Admin position, and I think it's hypocritical to shame him for "Abusing" his powers when staff do this all of the time. Plus it's a server that's not as active as most, so it's not that big of an issue.
I wouldn’t say that staff abuse their power and murder is active but only at certain times. In regards to chat spam. Even if Norm did at a few points ever spam chat with commands (like Matt said) I feel like that wouldn’t be a big problem if there’s not that many people on. Plus it is chat. My point is that even dinkleberg himself has flooded chat with ulx commands with what I remember was a full server but I have never seen Norm flood chat like that so...
Active at certain times = Inactive in cursive. Spamming chat with commands is indeed a problem but like you said it's not that big of a deal when there's almost no-one on.
(05-16-2021, 02:42 PM)Damien Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 02:37 PM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:

Active at certain times = Inactive in cursive. Spamming chat with commands is indeed a problem but like you said it's not that big of a deal when there's almost no-one on.
“Inactive in cursive” lol 

And yes my point exactly.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
Hola Gamers o/ ! Since I have been mentioned, I'll give my take.

I don’t think Norm using his powers should be a cause for concern. As far as I'm aware, Norm has only ever abused me with his powers, which I have given consent to. I’ve asked him multiple times to fuck with me and sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn’t. He usually uses powers on me when the server has a few or no people. There are instances like the one that Milly brought up where Norm has used his teleport power to get out of the map with more than just a few people around. I’m not gonna argue whether it was right or wrong because I’m biased and I personally see no wrong in it. It didn’t disrupt anyone’s gameplay nor did anyone complain about it. With all the time I have spent on Murder with Norm being staff, I know that Norm uses his killbind right after he teleports. He waits until he gets the attention from a certain person, usually me, and then killbinds. He doesn’t excessively use his powers when his friends are on and he doesn’t abuse any of his powers when his friends aren’t on.

I’m sure he has used the !slaynr ability on a few of his friends and then removed it right away, just like he does with me. I don’t see the concern for this either. Norm usually does this when a friend rdms him. If Norm doesn’t remove the slays in time for the next round, then that friend will be serving a slay for that one round like they should be for rdming. Of course that’s my thoughts on it so take it as you will.

As for the admin application, I'm not gonna give a vote because I'm biased. I will support Norm no matter what and I believe that’s why I shouldn’t give my vote. I have nothing bad to say about him or his role as a staff member. I truly believe he wants to help the server and he’s a one of a kind staff.

I will always be a Norm simp and a punching bag for Norm o7
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-18-2021, 09:28 PM)uh huh Wrote: [sp\] Hola Gamers o/ ! Since I have been mentioned, I'll give my take.

I don’t think Norm using his powers should be a cause for concern. As far as I'm aware, Norm has only ever abused me with his powers, which I have given consent to. I’ve asked him multiple times to fuck with me and sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn’t. He usually uses powers on me when the server has a few or no people. There are instances like the one that Milly brought up where Norm has used his teleport power to get out of the map with more than just a few people around. I’m not gonna argue whether it was right or wrong because I’m biased and I personally see no wrong in it. It didn’t disrupt anyone’s gameplay nor did anyone complain about it. With all the time I have spent on Murder with Norm being staff, I know that Norm uses his killbind right after he teleports. He waits until he gets the attention from a certain person, usually me, and then killbinds. He doesn’t excessively use his powers when his friends are on and he doesn’t abuse any of his powers when his friends aren’t on.

I’m sure he has used the !slaynr ability on a few of his friends and then removed it right away, just like he does with me. I don’t see the concern for this either. Norm usually does this when a friend rdms him. If Norm doesn’t remove the slays in time for the next round, then that friend will be serving a slay for that one round like they should be for rdming. Of course that’s my thoughts on it so take it as you will.

As for the admin application, I'm not gonna give a vote because I'm biased. I will support Norm no matter what and I believe that’s why I shouldn’t give my vote. I have nothing bad to say about him or his role as a staff member. I truly believe he wants to help the server and he’s a one of a kind staff.

I will always be a Norm simp and a punching bag for Norm o7 [/sp\]
Just so you know, the “It’s ok I gave consent and it’s just us” argument is the exact start to the command abuse problem that started in 2018 for TTT. We ruled that it was fine then and it turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes the admin team made that year. Since it was an issue for so long with the upper staff new staff were trained that this was okay and to my knowledge TTT still has issues with this.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think for the time being, remaining as Moderator is the best action.

Fish stated a good point that all the things which you mentioned are achievable with your current rank, I agree with this. 

Yes, the "abuse" of commands happened. Yes people use the Fun commands at times when low player count.  It apparently bothered a player when you used the commands, no they didn't bring it up to you then but felt like it needed to be noted here.

Moral of the story, Learn from the feedback given here. Grow with the knowledge. 

Continue doing good for Murder and striving to make it thrive, that will help you the most in your pursuit of becoming admin. 

Best of Luck Norm, I'll pop over to murder sometime and kill you kindly.
I have 0 problems with you with Mr. Norm, but at the same time I still hold the old opinion that admin should not be a role that you apply for. I also agree with the previous statements from Fish and Triangle. You're a good person all around and know what you gotta do on murder, but I believe admin for you right now would be a little premature. I am confident that you will take the feedback given throughout this application and use it to improve. All that being said, I still wish you luck man!
Bumping for any additional feedback
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Bumpity Bumpity Bump.
I’ve been watching how you react to certain things and people. You’re a great asset to the server and good staff member. However you still let stuff get to you too easily imo. I can promise you that you are not ready for admin. You still have a little maturing as a staff member to do and things to learn when it comes to dealing with people. Yes murder and dr admins are not as up there as ttt and ph admins, however you’re still a head of community. You have to lead by example and I think you need more time just from what I see in discord and forums, and responses here. Ill also reiterate what fish said because you never did give a clear answer, you were too caught up arguing with a player.

Why do you need admin to do the things you said? Fish and I both did these things as mods on ph.
What can you provide as an admin, that you cannot do as mod as you are now?
Why do you think you need this role?