Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Idea Monday: Shorten Round Length
(07-26-2021, 08:35 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 08:33 PM)NotRand Wrote: -snip
-siznerp-
honestly? play minesweeper in the background or something lmao, rewrite guidelines on delying to make it a bit more strict and have them enforce it harder maybe, but really just enforcing it harder is a solution
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(07-26-2021, 08:37 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: [Image: DGqsFAL.png]

from the staff guidelines

enforce the rules properly or resign thanks
They won’t though. They don’t want to punish guests for this I’m pretty sure. This is beating against a fucking dead tree.
Fixed.

Delaying:
The act of running out of time as a traitor or failing to kill/significantly damage anyone for 1 minute as the last traitor OR hiding in a location that is unreachable or where you cannot be attacked within normal means of movement(without having to prop surf or grapple) for an extended period of time. Note that delaying has to be intentional for an immediate slay, accidental delaying requires a warn during the round, and if it doesn't stop, a slay at the end of the round. If a player is ACTIVELY trying to search for or kill players, punish them after a warning and another lapse in the time. (Staff discretion warranted, since sometimes it's just unlucky that they can't find people, like if the last innos are running circles on 67th way for instance and the T does have a radar)

Delaying Offenses / Punishment
1 Accidental / Warning to stop delaying.
2 Accidental, 1 Intentional / Administer a slay
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
+1 since delayed as hell rounds are always awful to deal with while you wait for zanyamy29328328 to find the WASD keys on their keyboard.
(07-26-2021, 08:33 PM)NotRand Wrote: snip

(07-26-2021, 08:07 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: snip

First of all, I wanted to thank y'all for taking the time to play devil's advocate on this thread for whatever y'alls motivations might have been. 

I will, of course, have to strongly disagree with the counterpoints you raised. 

The focus on following the staff guidelines with regard to delaying have a critical flaw - staff are not always on. When that is the case, players have no other way to deal with delaying. This is also a big problem at night. Shortening the rounds would obviously take care of this problem. It is always better to be less reliant on staff than more reliant on staff, which I think is something we should all agree on. 

People do get upset at long rounds, I'm confused as to how that could even be disputed. Spam in dead chat is usually enjoyed by a few people circlejerking each other - most people would rather not hear random noises or inside joke soundboard binds. It has become tolerated, however. 

[Image: angry1.jpg][Image: delay2.jpg][Image: delay3.jpg][Image: delay4.jpg][Image: delay5.jpg][Image: delay6.jpg][Image: delay7.jpg][Image: delay8.jpg]
This is a great idea, Nicky you studly brainiac
hey guys inactive staff member coming to say a few quick thoughts personally when I played alot it rarely ever felt like rounds would be to long and even if they did I didnt notice because i probably was either on my phone when I died or alive the whole time but I really honestly find it kind of pointless its not gonna gain anything we have the delay rule like people said. It would just make maps go by faster i guess? and that could be an issue meaning more of the same maps everyday which will probably get annoying. All in all its not a bad idea but it doesnt feel like it would solve anything either. Honestly feels like an out so staff dont have to do their job bc most of the points made involve staff having to do something but again im inactive so you guys can take this as you will. smile
I currently have 2 concerns with this idea. (I will update this as I ponder on the idea)

1. Big maps will suffer with this idea potentially with players getting lost and not finding the players before the clock expires.

2. What would be the most optimal time? The real solution we would need to look for is how long time is extended whenever a T kills an innocent and prolongs the round. I do not have that number off the top of my head but could be found. 

As you all know I'm open to new ideas to reinvent the game to make it better for the overall community so, if a solution can be made its worth arguing for. Just posting my concern for now. If anyone wants to test on main server to find out what the numbers look like, we can further the discussion.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
awful idea, so stupit... sorry, that's just how i feel
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
I have yet to see a single player be slain for delaying, and I see a person delaying every single time, either staff enforce a basic ttt rule, shorten rounds, or just make all guests kos in overtime. I rdm guests in OT and I almost always end the round that way, big server killer