Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff App: Take 2
Ingame Name: THTElite

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:611412686

Time Played: 179.6 Hours

When First Joined: March 9th, 2022 (Forums), September 26th, 2021 (Gmod Server)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I play Monday through Friday from 6:30 PM to about 9 PM CST and am available from around 4PM to 11PM on the weekends CST. 

Rank Desired: Trusted 

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community?:   I have educated myself on the rules and have been able to play many rounds with current staff to watch, learn and understand how things are done to maintain a safe and fun server for everyone.  I believe that I would be able to help improve the community by doing my best to make sure that players going against the rules are handled in the proper way. To me that means making sure all evidence is given correctly and do my best to not have any improper judgements on situations. Of course I am not perfect but I will try my best. I would make sure to get a 2nd staff opinion if I do not know the best approach as well as helping out any staff online at the same time if there is a lot going on at once. 

After my first application I had thought to myself if applying for staff was still the right way to go. I still believe it is. After reading all of the comments: positive, neutral, and negative I have been trying to be out there more in all aspects. I have been able to track down players not abiding by the rules set in place to give everyone in the community a smooth gameplay experience. Spotting Ghosters/Teams has been happening a lot lately as well as a few hackers here and there when I am on. I  ping in discord or am adding onto information already given by other players who have noticed the same issues happening. I private message regular players on the other team so that they are aware something is going on to be able to record from 2 sides in case one of us misses something or just cant see another perspective. Once a current staff member is able to get on I try to let them know what is going on at the present moment to keep everyone in the loop. Keeping a close eye out as well as keeping my ears open for Mic Spam, language/words, new donors abusing power are all things that I have been keeping notes on to better myself on the correct ways to go about handling the situations. I have been able to ask a couple different Mods questions to educate myself a bit more with recording, making clips, and seeing how things are handled in game.  

Why do you want to help the community?: Since I started playing on the server I have been able to play with a lot of regular players that make the game fun. I have met a lot of fun people while playing on the server that I get excited to see online. I have also seen those same people log off due to players taking things a bit too far. I want to help the community mainly because everyone should have fun playing and talking with others. 

Adding onto this previous statement. There is no way that everything rule wise can be prevented all at once, but being able to stop what I can so that regular players and new players can get on the game and enjoy a bit of relaxation, making friends, and just playing the game is what I hope to accomplish. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): NO

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Yes

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Geforce Experience & OBS

How did you find us?: When I first got my PC the very first game I downloaded was Gmod, specifically for Prop Hunt. When looking through active servers i found Dinklebergs in the top spot. I ended up joining and haven't looked back.  

Other: I do not use my mic for personal reasons but am always talking in chat. 
Okay Posting from mobile so please forgive any auto-correct or formatting issues.

Here is a link to your previous staff app: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=16205

Now to be clear, I’m going to remain neutral due to my inactivity on ph as of late. With Murder being more popular and Norms promotion making me the only full-fledged mod over there now, it’s been taking all my focus.

Now my main concern that I noticed is Community activity. There’s no question you’re active on the server, since it’s clear you’re on just about every day. I’m mainly referencing Discord and forum activity. Between your last staff app and this one, you have a total of Zero forum posts. In that time as well, on discord you do message every now and then, but it’s rare and sporadic compared to how active the chat usually is. Now that isn’t exactly terrible, I know some of us can be a bit more inactive than that, but personally I’d like to see you interacting more. Doesn’t even have to be server related, just casual chatting is fine.

Anyway, that’s the only gripe I can think of. I’m sure other folk can give some better feedback in regards to server behavior and all that. Best of luck my dude!
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
I can't say much in game since I have not been as active due to work but from the previous app I don't think you have yet gotten over the hedge that would make me say yes for you to join staff.  You made a few pings, still no ban requests.  I do not doubt that you know the rules but I still think you are being held back by the same things as last time.

I'm going to be neutral again
Now Elite may not be the most active in the community, and I do believe that will be the only thing that might hold him back, but when it comes to ghosters Elite can identify them, and if I'm on will always point them out to me when he is suspicious of someone. I haven't seen him get angry at someone, and I haven't seen him do anything against the rules either. I believe a little bit more activity would help, but other than that he would be great as a staff.
[Image: image.png]
I'll be honest, I don't particularly care that much about community engagement for the rank of Trusted.
For Trusted, I really only care that they are known on the PH server.

Engagement on the forums is hard because, well, not much happens on the forums.
For discord, if you really aren't all that into meme-ing or don't really care about the conversations there, engagement isn't easy either. 
THTElite doesn't cause problems on the server, messages me about problem players when I'm on, and casually uses the text chat to talk to the other players.
Additionally, pretty much the entirety of Trusted communication on the server can be boiled down to like....10 binds.

Let's recap about THTElite:
Are they trainable?: I think so, yes. 
Do they care about the server?: Yes, they definitely put some effort into this app and it shows.
Have they caused any problems on the server?: No, they have not caused a single issue.
Are they applying for staff for the right reasons?: Yes, THTElite obviously isn't doing this for status/power.

We need to remember that Trusted is just the first position.  It's training to become TMod, just like TMod is training to become Moderator.
TMod+ I'm expecting more community engagement since TMods need to get used to discussing community issues, but for Trusted, I primarily care about the bolded comments above.

+1, good luck THT
bump
This application has been accepted! Welcome to the team! It's too late to run.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.