Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application to help the team
Ingame Name: THTElite

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:611412686

Time Played: 147.5 Hours

When First Joined: March 9th, 2022 (Forums), September 26th, 2021 (Gmod Server)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I play Monday through Friday from 6:30 PM to about 9 PM CST and am available from around 4PM to 11PM on the weekends CST. 

Rank Desired: Trusted 

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community?: I have educated myself on the rules and have been able to play many rounds with current staff to watch, learn and understand how things are done to maintain a safe and fun server for everyone.  I believe that I would be able to help improve the community by doing my best to make sure that players going against the rules are handled in the proper way. To me that means making sure all evidence is given correctly and do my best to not have any improper judgements on situations. Of course I am not perfect but I will try my best. I would make sure to get a 2nd staff opinion if I do not know the best approach as well as helping out any staff online at the same time if there is a lot going on at once. 

Why do you want to help the community?: Since I started playing on the server I have been able to play with a lot of regular players that make the game fun. I have met a lot of fun people while playing on the server that I get excited to see online. I have also seen those same people log off due to players taking things a bit too far. I want to help the community mainly because everyone should have fun playing and talking with others. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): NO

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): NO

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Geforce Experience & OBS

How did you find us?: When I first got my PC the very first game I downloaded was Gmod, specifically for Prop Hunt. When looking through active servers i found Dinklebergs in the top spot. I ended up joining and haven't looked back.  

Other: I do not use my mic for personal reasons but am always talking in chat. This would be my first staff application on any GMOD server. Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and have a great day. 
I expected this app to be posted later on but here goes

You are known to a number of regular players in server and are friendly with them.  As staff members we should treat all players equally when it comes to them breaking rules, just because someone is your friend doesn't mean you let it slide and not give them proper punishment.  Will you be willing to punish and/or make a ban request on any player friend or not?

As staff members we get a lot of hate from trolls(Trust me I used to get hate before even being trusted) will these things not get into your head?

You have no ban request as of right now and although it is not a MUST NEED for Trusted, it would have been good to see that you know how to make them.

You have very little interaction on the main server, outside of it I do remember you asking for me to get on when there was a hacker on.  But still I would have like to have seen more interaction(i.e. pings call for staffs)

As of right now I am neutral on this since I think you need a bit more time but I still would like to see how you answer my questions.

Best of luck
[Image: unknown.png]
(04-22-2022, 02:10 PM)Wilfry Wrote: I expected this app to be posted later on but here goes

You are known to a number of regular players in server and are friendly with them.  As staff members we should treat all players equally when it comes to them breaking rules, just because someone is your friend doesn't mean you let it slide and not give them proper punishment.  Will you be willing to punish and/or make a ban request on any player friend or not?

As staff members we get a lot of hate from trolls(Trust me I used to get hate before even being trusted) will these things not get into your head?

You have no ban request as of right now and although it is not a MUST NEED for Trusted, it would have been good to see that you know how to make them.

You have very little interaction on the main server, outside of it I do remember you asking for me to get on when there was a hacker on.  But still I would have like to have seen more interaction(i.e. pings call for staffs)

As of right now I am neutral on this since I think you need a bit more time but I still would like to see how you answer my questions.

Best of luck
Wilfry, 
Your response is extremely valid/accurate. Thank you. If someone I was friends with ended up breaking the rules then no I would not let it slide. Integrity is a big thing for me. One reason why I try to follow the rules myself.

You are correct that my interaction in discord is extremely small. I have pinged staff twice but I ended up pinging right after someone else did and deleted my pings so as there was no confusion.

With your ban request statement, that is also true I have never done one. I thought staff sent in the bans to be honest. The steps to make one though I do understand from gathering evidence (screenshots,recording etc), witnesses to the events and posting into the correct thread.

Handling trolls trying to get to me of course may be difficult to get out of my head at the start since it would be a different speed than what I'm use to but I also know I wouldn't make a rash decision based off of personal feelings.
Thank you
Note about ban requests:
While THT could have made some ban requests, the amount they would be able to make is small considering that their availability overlaps with my favorite times to play.  As a result, I usually deal with problems they could make ban requests for.  

THT, the primary reason we like to see ban requests is so that you demonstrate that you understand how to identify ghosters/hackers since that will be one of your main responsibilities with the Trusted role.  I highly recommend looking at some of my past ghosting ban requests because everything is nicely timestamped.

As for pings, that's another way we can gauge if you can recognize problem individuals.

Right now I'm a +0.  There's nothing negative about you.  You play the game, are respectful, and don't cause any issues.
(04-22-2022, 08:09 PM)chelllman Wrote: Note about ban requests:
While THT could have made some ban requests, the amount they would be able to make is small considering that their availability overlaps with my favorite times to play.  As a result, I usually deal with problems they could make ban requests for.  

THT, the primary reason we like to see ban requests is so that you demonstrate that you understand how to identify ghosters/hackers since that will be one of your main responsibilities with the Trusted role.  I highly recommend looking at some of my past ghosting ban requests because everything is nicely timestamped.

As for pings, that's another way we can gauge if you can recognize problem individuals.

Right now I'm a +0.  There's nothing negative about you.  You play the game, are respectful, and don't cause any issues.
Hi chelllman,

I have actually looked at the ban request thread quite a bit as well as the videos posted. As mentioned in my reply to wilfry I thought staff did the ban requests. I have pinged twice after noticing suspicious play but also as mentioned I deleted my pings since someone else pinged right before. I have seen you come online quite a few times when I'm playing so you can spectate situations but I have never been online for the start of those situations. I actually think i start playing about 5 minutes before your magic trick. Before I joined the forums I did message wilfry once about a situation since I did not know another way to handle it yet. Everytime I get a hunch about someone I do message others to see if they see the same thing.
Bump
Second Bump
You show great interest and there’s not any issues that I know of or have experienced with you. However on the other side of the coin, you haven’t really done anything. 

Create a presence, try to assist staff in ways you’re able to such as reporting incidents, providing evidence and if Chelll would stop hogging all the bannable people, some ban requests lol 

Either way, I don’t have an issue with you but I also know VERY little about you. Like everyone else so far, I’m neutral. I wish you well mate. 
I've played a bit more around you and I think you should be fine for the beginning staff position of Trusted. Everyone starts from somewhere and your responses have been very well written. As of now I'm giving you a +1. 

I will do my best to train you when possible and if not available (life has been crazy atm) we have plenty of other staff who have good knowledge to get you on your way. It'll especially be easy with Chelll since he generally rocks your same schedule. 

Good luck dude
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
You meet all the minimum requirements and you overall have good time. Being more active in the community side of things would be nice but is not a requirement. Overall would probably be a good asset to the staff team.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
As someone who has interacted with THTElite, and someone who has played with mr. Elite, I think I can only vote as such.

While personable and reasonable (to my knowledge), reports of ghosting/hacking are (to my knowledge) not reported from Elite.

If Elite starts to make some banning requests (see: ghosting), I think it would be fair to +1, as he would meet what he needs to be a trusted.

+0/+1; keep up the good work, make some requests, and hopefully, we will be working together in the near future.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD