Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(n)ick abuse of donor
Offender's Name: (n)ick

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:420783992

What Server(s): On the TTT Server

Offender's Rank:  Donor

What They Did: Kicked vMike 7 times while a staff member (myself) was online until they stopped re-joining. 

When They Did It: On 6/22/2022 around 11pm cst

Potential Witnesses: @MrTaxi @Quantum_Edge @Coconut Milk @flare @don cheadle 

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*):  https://imgur.com/a/1KA9wwE 

Other:
He was also threatening to kick other players about 2 hours after I logged off for the night. But I have no context on this time frame.

A side from him not saying why he was repeatedly kicking him no one else on the server would tell me either before I headed off the server for the night. 
I messaged nick this morning and got the following response.

Either way this is not the way to handle this sort of issue and it should have been brought to the currently online staff attention for them to properly deal with.
(06-23-2022, 10:50 AM)chibill Wrote: Offender's Name: (n)ick

What They Did: Kicked vMark 7 times while a staff member (myself) was online until they stopped re-joining. 

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*):  https://imgur.com/a/1KA9wwE 

Other:
He was also threatening to kick other players it about 2 hours after I logged off for the night. But I have no context on this time frame.

A side from him not saying why he was repeatedly kicking him no one else on the server would tell me either before I headed off the server for the night. 

Either way this is not the way to handle this sort of issue and it should have been brought to the currently online staff attention for them to properly deal with.

Referring to the "He was threatening to kick players 2 hours after I logged off" It seems like he was threatening to "kick them irl" not from the game? Unless I am interpreting that wrong.

Otherwise, Nick has had many warnings in the past. He's done well recently, but he does continue to have problems in this realm. Might be time to give him supporter.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I think we should see what nick wants too honestly, he has mentioned before that he wants supporter. He doesn't queue or anything, so I don't think he'd be too sad about losing his role at all. It's unfortunate that he's done this, but his last donor strike was also 15 months ago (based on discord screenshots, I could be wrong) which is a good time in-between. I also haven't seen him use commands since I've returned until now, which was pretty surprising.

I'm not too sure whether we should just demote him or give him another warn considering the amount of time it's been since the last donor abuse I've seen. I think maybe nick could've gotten an awarn or a kick during this situation to set him straight, but I was not there so I don't really know what happened.
(06-23-2022, 11:53 AM)euphoria Wrote: I think we should see what nick wants too honestly, he has mentioned before that he wants supporter. He doesn't queue or anything, so I don't think he'd be too sad about losing his role at all. It's unfortunate that he's done this, but his last donor strike was also 15 months ago (based on discord screenshots, I could be wrong) which is a good time in-between. I also haven't seen him use commands since I've returned until now, which was pretty surprising.

I'm not too sure whether we should just demote him or give him another warn considering the amount of time it's been since the last donor abuse I've seen. I think maybe nick could've gotten an awarn or a kick during this situation to set him straight, but I was not there so I don't really know what happened.
Worst part is I don't even know what happened since all this happened after they were both dead and I was still alive, but no would tell me what happened after the round ended.

Also for context I can grab all the conversation that (n)ick and vMike had the round before / pre-round that I have from my video recording. (All over text chat) A lot of is was not in the relay since it doesn't seem to relay dead chat. (From what I can tell.)

What They Did: Kicked vMark 7 times while a staff member (myself) was online until they stopped re-joining. 

Other:
He was also threatening to kick other players about 2 hours after I logged off for the night. But I have no context on this time frame.

In my opinion, (n)ick was not abusing his donor powers; vMike was straight up harassing him and continued throughout the rounds. There were no staff on the level above trusted on at the time.

vMike was already gagged and still proceeded to type in chat, addressing (n)ick. This report is a waste of everyone's time.
(06-23-2022, 01:18 PM)MrTaxi Wrote:

Other:

In my opinion, (n)ick was not abusing his donor powers; vMike was straight up harassing him and continued throughout the rounds. There were no staff on the level above trusted on at the time.

vMike was already gagged and still proceeded to type in chat, addressing (n)ick. This report is a waste of everyone's time.
I never saw a gag message happen? When did this happen?   Also no matter if there was a reason for vMike to be kicked, under the donor guidelines no donor should be kicking when staff is online, and definitely not kick over and over as soon as the player rejoins.
 https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15818 

Quote:Kick
  • Using !kick <player> in chat or ulx kick <name> in console will kick the targeted player form the server immediately upon use. A kick message can be added after the player's name. 

• Any players kicked can immediately rejoin the server as this is not a ban.

• As stated above with the Gag and Mute commands, this command should never be used as a punishment if there are online staff members who can handle the issue. There is no exception to this rule. 

• Do not kick players from the server unless there are no staff on and they are obviously hacking, Mass RDMing (3 or more RDMs in a single round), or are consistently RDMing every round while there are no staff online to slay. Please gather evidence beforehand and submit a ban request by clicking here.

EDIT:

Just went thru the full video of the map, and vMike was never gagged and also never even spoke in voice chat at all that whole map. I can upload this video if that helps. To show my point of view but its about an hour long.
So question btw. Did anyone tell the staff member what was happening when they got on. If not why didn’t you since it’s usually their job to handle stuff. If harassment was happening staff should of been notified.
I know now that what I did was not the right way to handle it, and I regret what I did.
Also if anyone has any evidence of nick being harassed pls do send it to the staff. As for this thread, it’s a iffy situation Imo since we don’t know what Mikey was saying in game at the time yet since nobody posted anything showing what they said so I don’t really know what the best course of action would be here in regards to donor abuse.
(06-23-2022, 02:38 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Also if anyone have proof of nick being harassed pls do send it to the staff.
I am going to be posting my video from when vMike joins till I leave when I get home. Just so everyone has the same context I did.