Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Battons Schizo Resignation
I don't really agree with what you said but you're still a real one, you were an awesome admin, happy retirement <3
(11-01-2022, 06:05 PM)caribou Wrote: [Image: 03b58fd603a36378fc1c3e7851fba9f2.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-01-2022, 05:56 PM)chelllman Wrote: Poop maniac could you please make your signature a little bigger? I can't read the text, my eyes are bad.

Buttons,

Thanks for all you've done for the community.  I'm glad we got to discuss all of this in DMs.

If you main Terran in SC2 then you a nub tho.
sorry i resized it to 2x but i think the display is max size as is
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
Unfortunately there's a lot of tangential topics being discussed here, so it's hard to pinpoint one thing to speak about. However, in regards to Battons' overall feelings that the forums / moderations have become too strict I tend to agree to an extent.

There are many times where contextually the jokes people say aren't really harmful. ie: Goose's priest joke. Context being: He's a regular, he usually follows the rules, people know he's not actively pursuing children, comedians have used that jokes for years, dark humor is a thing etc. Contextually most people probably deduce that it was a harmless joke.

On the flip side, overall, the server has had some serious problems with weirdos actually trying to pursue relationships with minors.

On one side we have some people who are under the impression that a soft blanket-ban (0 tolerance) policy is the best way to go about mitigating some of those problems. On the other side, we have people who think we should be more nuanced in our decision making.

(Side note: I think a lot of people use the term "pedophile" too loosely here, and it tends to undermine actual pedophilia. A 20 year old trying to pursue a 15 - 17 isn't pedophilia, it's them being a fucking weirdo [Also grooming]. Both deserve the woodchipper)

I have split feelings about this. Part of me understands and participates in the dark humor, the pushing the boundaries, jokes etc. There are times where people (ie Damien) will almost knee-jerkingly respond with "that's pedophilic!" or "incel!" and I think it's unwarranted. We're on the internet, with hundreds of different personalities, with people who have had 10000s of different life experiences, who have grown up in different worlds. There are going to be clashes, and that is not necessarily indicative of an overall problem within the community.

The other part of people realizes that it's much easier to take on a 0 tolerance policy as it completely mitigates the problem. Also, it forces people to use "break-off" discords which isn't completely a bad thing. Slur, make these dark jokes, etc with people who you are comfortable with (breakoff discords) and keep it professional within the main community discord. It's also important to highlight that for some people a joke about suicide, death, etc may be funny but for others it may be connected to a real life event, and be "harmful".

Overall, I think what Battons said has merit and I do think there is some over moderation. I don't think a 0 tolerance policy works as effectively as people imagine it does, and I think there needs to be some serious common sense policy implemented. Common sense would say that banning someone for saying "tranny" in an obvious context to cars is ridiculous. Common sense would say that Goose's priest joke was harmless and didn't really warrant an 8 point warn / ban. Common sense would say that Jack's comments were unwarranted and gross.

Anyways, I'm retarded so don't take anything I say seriously.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
man what the fuck is going on
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
(11-01-2022, 06:33 PM)Grump Wrote: man what the fuck is going on

I would suggest reading the thread if you would like full context of the situation. Otherwise I'm unaware of a complete TL;DR existing.
(11-01-2022, 06:39 PM)Battons Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 06:33 PM)Grump Wrote: man what the fuck is going on

I would suggest reading the thread if you would like full context of the situation. Otherwise I'm unaware of a complete TL;DR existing.

I know I did.
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
There's no way I'll bother reading all the drama lol. Smart decision Battons, probably the smartest thing you've done in dinks.

I wouldn't wanna run twitter 2.0 for free neither :p
(11-01-2022, 06:05 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 06:05 PM)Deadpool Wrote: I'm just here to help make this thread 9 pages
you failed
try again
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
[Image: unknown.png]
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin