it's worth a shot
I am just going to but in here an say can we please stop going back and forward with each other. It honestly adds nothing to the unban request other then endless pages that the Admin team will have to go thru to make a decision.
If we are gonna do drama can it at least be interesting? I got bored after the 2nd reply....

Unban Goose who's gonna make the server more interesting if not?
(02-28-2023, 10:37 PM)dong Wrote: idk about all this, but I think that if we made staff 18+ things like this would not happen ngl  :D
Yeah because saying that someone can be "regular sex trafficked" is entirely an issue with the age of staff members being under 18.
I'm just completely dumbfounded that some people are defending saying "now you can get regular sex trafficked" to a minor no matter what started the conversation.

"joking" about sex trafficking still isn't ok to do. I get that some people have that type of dark humor, but not everyone is comfortable with it. I don't really find it funny, it's kinda disgusting. Especially if some are trying to say Damien said he's turning 18 soon therefore this is okay to say. That argument is frankly stupid. I think we need to learn how to control ourselves when we make edgy "dark humor" jokes, especially around minors. It's literally not even funny. 
(02-28-2023, 09:52 PM)Jawa Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 09:44 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: -snip-

Yes it is and that's why no ones saying that, specifically it's that Damien was acting like since he was turning 18 soon he was basically an adult, which is why people were making jokes about him thinking he's an adult already, and why Goose's joke would've been fine if Damiens believed in what he was saying, which turned out to be not true. Nobody say's this type of stuff around the younger players, Damien is a different situation, which makes joking with him difficult at times especially if he starts the edgy jokes (which I'm sure you know he does). 
"Damien is a different situation" "Nobody say's this type of stuff around the younger players" Like this for example, I don't really understand this. What's different about it? Damien is still a minor? Joking about sex trafficking is still joking about sex trafficking. 

Seems like he was warned according to Icey's video, so it seems pretty valid to me imo. 

Also for the love of god please stop shitposting, adding unnecessary blank spaces, and senseless going back and forth. This thread won't be open for long if that keeps happening. Please be civil and comment if you have something meaningful.
(02-28-2023, 10:39 PM)Damien Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 10:37 PM)dong Wrote: idk about all this, but I think that if we made staff 18+ things like this would not happen ngl  :D
Yeah because saying that someone can be "regular sex trafficked" is entirely an issue with the age of staff members being under 18.
first part of my sentence said idk about this (referring to the ban and this particular situation :D). his comment was bad yeah, but as my PREVIOUS comment that got instantly deleted said, "aw shit here we go again." the trend is that you are easy to bait and multiple people have been punished over the last few years for saying anything edgy around you even though those particular "BAD" things were not being said against you if that makes sense. hence why I said make staff 18+ because yk!!!!
(02-28-2023, 10:39 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'm just completely dumbfounded that some people are defending saying "now you can get regular sex trafficked" to a minor no matter what started the conversation.

"joking" about sex trafficking still isn't ok to do. I get that some people have that type of dark humor, but not everyone is comfortable with it. I don't really find it funny, it's kinda disgusting. 

I don't consider the comment he made "a joke" as in, he literally didn't tell a joke about it, it was more of a stupid thing to say, in a "joking manner" but not a JOKE per say. I think it's important to differentiate.
If you have any evidence against @Damien of him baiting people into warns and bans, dm or let any staff member/admin know of this situation if it happens in game. Without any evidence, statements or allegations of the abuse don't help your statement. 

As for the issue at hand, since it obviously made Damien uncomfortable with the edgy and opinionated statement on the joke, I have to agree that this was a joke that did not land and was used with staff discretion. Based on the staff guidelines, this is the statement included under pedophilia jokes/pedophilia conversation. 

[b](Staff Discretion: Be careful with how you administer this. If someone is indirectly talking about the topic from instances elsewhere, please verbally warn them to stop. Otherwise, instant warning)[/b]

With that being said, it was not mentioned indirectly and the staff discretion in question was used correctly. As per the banter between both sides, do not post comments that don't aide in the ban appeal. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it, this thread is not the place to fight. Thank you. 

As for the thread, I am neutral, due to your statement of waiting out the ban for the week. If your ban is to be reduced, learn from this and don't make the same mistake again.
You guys are being mega cringe right now. Age doesn't matter when the joke is about something whom the person being joked about is uncomfortable with. Goose has been issued a warn in the past for a similar issue so it makes perfect sense that this off-color "joke" was issued warn points to go with it. Any kind of human trafficking joke is pretty edgy and bad, but making it about sex trafficking is even worse and crossed the line.

At the end of the day goose made a gross joke that Damien and many others were not okay with and got punished for a warn threshold. Stop dogpiling on people being rational because you thought the joke was ok when it wasnt. It's not helping anyone and it's quite disgusting
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
+1 unban/reduction

dumb comment, bad joke, edgy remark, whatever u wanna call it. this wasn't said in a malicious way, however very edgy given its directed toward a 17 year old. his "joke" was not sexual toward damien. context does matter here since im pretty sure goose didnt start the weird shit. too bad damien doesnt record his own voice, and the video isnt longer.

ive heard jokes more edgy than this go by and were laughed at. stop being snowflakes saying what you can and can't joke about. this is the internet. people say stupid shit. get over it. if this was an actual serious matter then ofc it warrants a ban, but i think we watched a different video. as long as there's no actual child predator shit going on then i dont see what the problem is here.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
I know people have said this dozens of times but I still think the takeaway of "Other's say worse" should be "Other's should get punished too" not "Let this man go because other's say worse". I think a week ban is justified since you did hit 20 points and I think you should just serve out your ban. I'll also like to say that I was not personally made uncomfortable by this "joke", I was warning him since what he said is against the rules and I had previously gave him a verbal warning for saying a comment about trans people earlier (see Icey's video).

-1 to a reduction or unban, just serve your sentence.