Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's your real name...?
i am so sad someone rated slater's post anyhting less than 5 stars...
im hoping it was a misclick
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
I'm going to preface this response to slaters Admin app by saying that I have been observing for the last week and all comments are based on both time before and after the admin app has been made (I.e "he has made an admin app, let's see what happens now in regarding the statements in this app")

(03-03-2023, 12:50 AM)slater Wrote: What do you plan to do as a TTT Admin?: 
For the plan as TTT Admin for the server, I plan to continue on the track of what is normally provided within our updates, but add big updates regularly that can range from gun overhauls to fundamentally try to make most guns usuable and well balanced, newer tools/commands for staff to utilize, improve the quality of the server, and introduce new features/gameplay variety or attributes. What I state as "new features/gameplay varieties" is new menus, customization, and possibly small changes to gameplay. Nothing drastic to fundamentally change how TTT plays on the server, but improve on the quality & add new features that allows for others to delve more into newer things. Things that could be improved or implemented are T/D items, mostly Detective items, to allow players to want to play detective more since it is lacking items and also lacks playtime from users. Other implementations or changes that are planned are improve UI features and an updated guide for newer players on how to play TTT. Features such as an updated display window for the TTT Rules and How to play section, UI improvements to RDM Manager, possible improvements for the loading screen and leaderboard/rank displayments, newer ranks, & fixes to current bugs and bugs in the future. 

For the testing side of the server, I plan to test/conduct tests for the plans outlined and future plans with the community to ensure that they work properly, that they are up-to-date, and see the communities overall opinion about the features or improvements made before we apply it to the server. I already test out features as much as I can to ensure they are working properly such as, test how new/current gun gameplay feels, how map/map changes feel, and new features/customization that are already applied in the server. I also want to point that as of currently, I've been working on learning lua in order to be able to help the dev team besides making suggestions and changes. As an Admin, you want to be able to enhance the environment of the server for newer/current players to come and enjoy the server while keeping it fresh and alive for the old/current community members, but also keep a strong dev team to progress through projects and finish updates under a reasonable deadline. I believe that I can provide that enhancement and change to further the TTT side of the community  to keep the gameplay from becoming stale and keep our staff-team up-to-date with new features and improvements. I want to be able to further our communication with Dink to get the gears rolling and hopefully implement these new changes, not only to TTT, but to the other servers as well. 

These are some great ideas and suggestions for improving the server, but I'm curious why you haven't taken steps to implement them already? As a staff member, you can join the dev team at any time and some of the things you have suggested dont need lua so i dont see that as an acceptable reason as to why you wouldnt have joined yet.

Its good to have idea’s and all but with the amount of ideas you have put forwards in here it would be nice to see some experience and accomplishments (Is this the right word IDK but i think you get what i mean) doing TTT updates I take any of this into consideration.

For what I currently work on and hope to establish more is being able to train newer/current staff members for their promotions or for their first time, deal with community wide issues, and deal with major issues in the server. For training, I hope to aid newer staff into the ranks by showing different scenarios they may encounter and show them rules they may have not known, but also help out promoted staff members with new commands and features to help them feel comfortable with their arsenal and how to use it when needed. Currently, it's semi-lacking in the training part, but there have been staff members to help and aide when needed.

While It's great to hear that you assist on training staff members this sounds like alot of 1 on 1 training which aint bad or anything, I'm curious as to your thoughts futher on the training of staff so i have some questions.

What are some other specific steps you would take to improve the current training situation?

Are there any areas that you feel are lacking in the current training process, and how would you address those areas?

How would you ensure that all staff members receive consistent training to ensure they are prepared to handle situations that may arise?

For the community wide issues and major issues, I've handled some major issues in and out of the server with staff abuse threads, major issues with ban appeals/requests, and other community issues that have happened in the past 4 months. 

So i can see the comments you have made on staff abuse threads and ban appeals and requests. Overall, it looks like you have been doing a good job in your responses/comments on these. TTT Admin Level shit right there.

As for the other community-wide issues that you have encountered in the past 4 months. What are they and how have you handled them?

I hope to keep these issues settled down and not let them get out of control and derail the problem into a community wide issue. Apart of being a TTT Admin is helping to fix these problems and issues, not cause or enhance the issue into a bigger deal. I am very calm-headed into establishing a well thought out discussion and making sure to fix the issues that are presented to be able to understand both sides of the issue or even multiple sides of the issue. You want to hear everyone's thoughts out and I am able to do that. I am confident and comfortable in my position as a Mod and I am comfortable with making the hard decisions that many may disagree with, it's important to have the quality of taking fault, having courage, being able to think for yourself, and have a strong desire to be an admin. I am able to do these currently and I'm confident to purse these aspects as an Admin.

Im gonna through this in to the next part aswell and also will refrence the Skullfire section but im not quoting all that sorry.  

(03-05-2023, 06:53 PM)slater Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 12:38 PM)chibill Wrote: For example on multiple occasions I have stopped you from banning people for Mass RDM when they only had one or two reports in a single round. I have also seen you ban people for Minge without them even having any warnings at all in the Awarn system or not even doing anything that would fall under Minge in the guidelines
Forgot to reply to this since it went over my head at the time. Yes, there have been occasions where they’ve been reports of one or two where they weren’t undecided with one or two being either forgiven or different round apart from the first report. I believe the last time I had that issue was last month. (Correct me if I’m wrong) But I’ve grown to watch for reports and not have the issue again, make sure they are consistent and they match to what the guidelines state and punish accordingly Again, Thank you Chibill!  Heart

Personally i feel as server Admin positions can require a certain level of experience and skill to handle effectively. It's important to take the time to develop those skills and gain the necessary experience before stepping into such a role. Most staff members do joke around and do funny's, i guess time and place and who and how all player factors in this. I dont think the skullfire issue is a big deal at all and shouldnt really play a apart in any decision. As much as you are confident and comfortable in your position as a Mod i would like to see some more time under your belt and longer periods of times without the little shit (such as chibill mentioned) before you become an admin. 

How can you help the community beyond TTT as an Admin?: 
How I can help beyond the current position of a TTT Admin for the community is be able to be a primary leader/discuss community wide issues together with our lovely admin team in the community, be able to provide community events, not just for the TTT side, but for the community side to get the community to participate, advocate, and discuss their opinions and thoughts, include fun events that anyone can participate and have fun with, giveaways for TTT and for outside the server, finish ban requests, appeals, staff applications, and TTT suggestions, utilize the staff zone more for the forums, and improve every aspect of the community, such as, PH, Murder, Deathrun, Forums, and Discord. I want to be able to allow our community to benefit from new changes or projects that we produce from the dev team in order for each admin to apply these changes that they see fit to their server. 

For the leadership/discussion with the Admin team, I hope that we can continue dealing with community wide issues in order to find an effective solution to solve the issues that may come up or be present when they are needed. The admin team are the leaders for the community and as expected, you want to be able to confront them about changes/opinions/thoughts to be able to give them a heads up on what you may be concerned about or what you want changed/added. I am always to be able to hear others out and I already help out others when needed to be able help find a solution to their problems outside the community and the server. 

For community events, I want to bring town hall back as a way to hear out the community and gauge the communities opinions on certain matters that may be brought up, surveys for whatever purpose they may serve for TTT or for the community, more get-together events such as, movies nights, game nights, game tournaments, listen parties, and giveaways that can range just for TTT to outside of the community. 

For forums/discord, I want to be able to finish ban requests, appeals, and applications in a timely manner in order to not keep the open for a long time while also taking in suggestions and implement them for others to test on our test server and gauge whether or not they should be added to the main server. For the staff zone on the forums, I hope to be able to flesh it out more and create more engagement since each staff team hardly utilizes this aspect of the forums and I think it would be beneficial to utilize it more for thoughts and opinions outside of discord. 

It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas for how to help the community once become a TTT Admin. Not to say what ive already said but it would be nice to see some of the stuff you talk about now. There are alot of things in here that you have talked about that you can achieve whist being a TTT Mod / Discord staff.

A few suggestions if i may for how you can put those ideas into action now while you are a mod / discord staff:

1) Talk to the other admins: If you want to be a primary leader and discuss community-wide issues, it's important to have open communication with the other admins. Reach out to us and discuss your plans and ideas to improve the community.

2) Plan community events: As you mentioned, community events are a great way to get people involved and excited about the server. Start doing stuff now, you dont have to be an admin to do this. Pitch ideas for events that would be fun and engaging for everyone to the community, and then work with the admin team to make them happen.

A question tho...

What would you flesh out the staff zone with? Im pretty sure all staff can make threads there so im wondering as to your plans for it.

What made you decide to apply?: 
I decided to apply in order to benefit the community as a whole. I want to improve not just TTT, but slowly improve every aspect of the community whether that ranges from TTT to our Discord or Forums. I want to be able to create a fun, interesting, and up-to-date community and environment for both current and new players that come into this community. I also had a few community members/staff push me to consider applying for admin. 

How would being an admin make you able to create this environment that you cant already do in your current position?

Overall I do not think you are a bad candidate for TTT Admin, I just think that you need more time and experience. A lot of this thread read as "these are the things I can / will do if I am made admin" without much evidence or prior experience to back it up, not doubting that you could, id just like to see a lil more as you put all of this as reasoning for becoming an admin, hence my angle with this response. Definitely can see you as a future admin candidate, for now, id like to see you work on some of the items you have listed. 

You are a good TTT mod and I enjoy staffing with you. If you would like any more feedback or would like to chat and discuss things further you can either here or on discord. 

Apologies for any formatting, spelling or grammar mistakes. Its 2am and I'm ready for bed, brain probably isn't working right. let me know if anything doesn't make sense. 
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(03-10-2023, 10:13 AM)KaptainLes Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 12:50 AM)slater Wrote: 1)These are some great ideas and suggestions for improving the server, but I'm curious why you haven't taken steps to implement them already? As a staff member, you can join the dev team at any time and some of the things you have suggested dont need lua so i dont see that as an acceptable reason as to why you wouldnt have joined yet.
Its good to have idea’s and all but with the amount of ideas you have put forwards in here it would be nice to see some experience and accomplishments (Is this the right word IDK but i think you get what i mean) doing TTT updates I take any of this into consideration.

1) I've taken steps in our ttt suggestions in the staff server, the main server, and even talking about some other ideas that I had previously mentioned to both @Ryan722 and @chibill. While the suggestions/ideas I implemented for "future plans" of what I would do, I figured to lay out what I had in mind as what I had planned to try to work on as well, rather than suggesting other ideas and implementing other changes like recently with our christmas update of helping @HONG with gun changes and how I felt, personally about them, but taking into consideration what other players would think. With other suggestions, I have talked to members of the dev team and I figured that being able to mess with lua would be a way to be a dev member.

2) While It's great to hear that you assist on training staff members this sounds like alot of 1 on 1 training which aint bad or anything, I'm curious as to your thoughts futher on the training of staff so i have some questions.

What are some other specific steps you would take to improve the current training situation?

Are there any areas that you feel are lacking in the current training process, and how would you address those areas?

How would you ensure that all staff members receive consistent training to ensure they are prepared to handle situations that may arise?

2) Some steps I would take is being able to have 1 on 1 or even a group training for new staff members for current commands/tools when they get promoted to trusted or promoted to a newer rank as well as helping explain new tools/features/improvements that would come in. Steps I would take to improve training is be more frequent and reaching to help when they get promoted in-game ASAP. 

I feel overall that the training process part as a whole is lacking due to not many other staff members being inactive or helping out when asked a question. Not to say that asking is a bad thing, but I would want to be able to establish and help them out with their tools for them to get used to them, as well as ways to use these tools if something arises or what not to use since some of our features in the RDM manager don't currently work or aren't used much compared to other features. The one area I feel that is not very lacking is just the area of one staff member asking questions to another. 

As mentioned previously, I would have either a 1 on 1 or a group training to help make sure it's consistent and that I can be able to train a handful of people while asking if they have questions or concerns about situations or what do their tools do. While, every situation can be different and you can't guarantee that every situation will covered, I would want to cover the main situations and other outside situations that may need a higher power to step in to help out. 

3) So i can see the comments you have made on staff abuse threads and ban appeals and requests. Overall, it looks like you have been doing a good job in your responses/comments on these. TTT Admin Level shit right there.
As for the other community-wide issues that you have encountered in the past 4 months. What are they and how have you handled them?

3) Other community-wide issues are issues that have caused a major disruption in the forums/discord, such as resignations and ban appeals that have recently occurred. I'll start off with resignations/general discussion as this was a major issue a few months ago. For example: Battons resignation,  I had established my comment on the matter, as well as reminding others to keep the thread on topic rather then derailing it and allowing to talk to others on the matter of what they think. I had hoped to be able to keep it more civil as it had been derailing and causing major issues between multiple parties of the community. The other example would the thread of consistency/severity of punishment. I had jabbed at the thread due to the staff abuse thread that was made during the time, chibill, epicguy, and I were on and had missed the issue which sparked a lot of members making fair criticisms, but on the other hand, other comments bashing staff that didn't progress the discussion. I had stated that the new warn system is a upgrade, but it would not be perfect and would have flaws as not everything is perfect. I had also helped to show that it's a team collaboration rather than a 1 person opinion that would weigh in on an individual. 

For ban appeals, recently to Jawa's and Goose's appeals, I had put in my two cents on both matters in being able to keep them on topic and state what was correct/what could be worked. I had helped to deal with the matter and be able to focus on the main points while also keeping it civil without scrutinizing other members. Discord matters I have not had much issues with, but I have taken apart of in the discussion to put my thoughts in on the matter. 

(03-05-2023, 06:53 PM)slater Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 12:38 PM)chibill Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

4) Personally i feel as server Admin positions can require a certain level of experience and skill to handle effectively. It's important to take the time to develop those skills and gain the necessary experience before stepping into such a role. Most staff members do joke around and do funny's, i guess time and place and who and how all player factors in this. I dont think the skullfire issue is a big deal at all and shouldnt really play a apart in any decision. As much as you are confident and comfortable in your position as a Mod i would like to see some more time under your belt and longer periods of times without the little shit (such as chibill mentioned) before you become an admin. 

4)That's understandable. Depending on the matter after this thread, I am currently working on these issues that are presented. I had mentioned to Icey as well what the other recommendations were that weren't established to apply. While it may be a short time that I could work on it, I am currently and hoping to fix this issues that are at hand. 

5) It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas for how to help the community once become a TTT Admin. Not to say what ive already said but it would be nice to see some of the stuff you talk about now. There are alot of things in here that you have talked about that you can achieve whist being a TTT Mod / Discord staff.

A few suggestions if i may for how you can put those ideas into action now while you are a mod / discord staff:

Talk to the other admins: If you want to be a primary leader and discuss community-wide issues, it's important to have open communication with the other admins. Reach out to us and discuss your plans and ideas to improve the community.

Plan community events: As you mentioned, community events are a great way to get people involved and excited about the server. Start doing stuff now, you dont have to be an admin to do this. Pitch ideas for events that would be fun and engaging for everyone to the community, and then work with the admin team to make them happen.

What would you flesh out the staff zone with? Im pretty sure all staff can make threads there so im wondering as to your plans for it.

5) Suggestions/Implementations have been stated in my first statement! I do agree that I am lacking in the aspect of planning community events as I have been busy or have not had the time to establish it. While I have thrown maybe 1 or 2 ideas around with other members of the community, I haven't established an event that is fully set in motion. 

As for the staff zone, I want to be able to have similar aspects as to what our staff/main discord have. Aspects as in suggestions for ttt related features/maps/guns/models/etc. Other aspects would be just for watchlist/a-warn threshold requests. While we utilize discord more, I had thought of fleshing the staff zone out and it's super dead. 

6) How would being an admin make you able to create this environment that you cant already do in your current position?

6) I currently work on/suggest on ideas that could be implemented to ttt, but as well as other servers that they can utilize it on. I had suggested a(n) UI improvement to the RDM Manager to chibill to be able to update it to a more modern UI that we can utilize, similar to the aspects of our Awarn3 UI. I currently engage with other members of the community from different servers, and help to be able to deal with these issues on the forums/discord to make the environment better. 

7) Overall I do not think you are a bad candidate for TTT Admin, I just think that you need more time and experience. A lot of this thread read as "these are the things I can / will do if I am made admin" without much evidence or prior experience to back it up, not doubting that you could, id just like to see a lil more as you put all of this as reasoning for becoming an admin, hence my angle with this response. Definitely can see you as a future admin candidate, for now, id like to see you work on some of the items you have listed. 

You are a good TTT mod and I enjoy staffing with you. If you would like any more feedback or would like to chat and discuss things further you can either here or on discord. 

7) Thank you for the feedback! I had not covered every aspect of what I currently do/have done as you can tell, it's a lot of reading. What I had mentioned were future plans for the server/servers, but also what I can/am able to do with community wide issues/changes and be able to continue down this track as I believe it's heading down a right path. Problems mentioned by other's are currently being worked on and dealt with. You are an amazing man and I definitely enjoy playing/staffing with you in and out of the community/server.  Heart
Hi Les! Thank you for the comment/criticism. My responses are black. 
Edit: fixed the highlighting issue.
this shit is unreadable
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Now that Chibill is admin I can +1 this. I don't see anyone else being admin material other than Hong.
+1 very useful staff. Hands down.
slater is a wonderful guy who gets along with everyone. Unfortunately for slater, there is one big problem. Its a super big and glaring problem. Its so big, that I have to bring it to the forefront. In fact, its so big I am going to tell you all about it right now.

There is only one slater. Slater would be better if there was also slater clone, so that there was even more slater for people to experience and love. 

Slater, you are a wonderfulTTT T buddy, Inno buddy, D buddy, and most importantly, true friend. 

(shitpost part) 
hes so handsome and loves wamoimn

+1, trust this guy.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
+1. As one of the longest serving Admins prior to my resignation I believe Slater can handle the position and follow in my footsteps. I already gave you a lot of advice yesterday. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Sorry to come in again, but your responses specifically to kaples, mostly seem like things you can still do as mod. I understand the ban appeal and staff app parts of being an admin, but like others have said, what SPECIFICALLY with ADMIN PERMS would you be able to do? What prevents you from doing these things currently? I wasn't quite able to clearly differentiate why you cant do some of these current things (Like reach out to newer staff and help them on your own etc).

Like I said before, I personally feel you are not cut YET for admin, but you are on a good track somewhat. I think with a few more months in the community or in your current position, you'd be a great candidate, and out of the candidates we have currently applying, you are the forerunner, but still missing some stuff in my head. I feel that in the times i've seen you staff (this can be claimed as baseless as I don't keep specific evidence of these as I don't care to a certain extent) you've been extra lenient with some friends or willing to give leeway to specific friends, and although you don't have to come down to the situations that contain bias so often as a mod and your friends being staff, I worry that as admin, with rising issues against certain staff members that you may consider a friend, you would lean towards the side of saying "its not abuse" and leaving it, rather than working with said player with so many complaints about them, and working on how they can improve their rep around server etc. This is word jumble asf but hope it makes sense
(03-11-2023, 04:23 PM)voidzz Wrote: 1) I understand the ban appeal and staff app parts of being an admin, but like others have said, what SPECIFICALLY with ADMIN PERMS would you be able to do? What prevents you from doing these things currently? I wasn't quite able to clearly differentiate why you cant do some of these current things (Like reach out to newer staff and help them on your own etc).

1) Specifically with admin perms, I would be able to implement the changes I had in mind by the reception that people gauge on these changes from the presentation of the idea, to the test server, and possibly even to the main server if it serves a purpose and it enhances the server. What really prevents me from doing these is just the ability to implement them. I am able to make suggestions which I have done both in the staff and main discord as well as the test server. I also had currently reached out to newer staff and helped them on a 1 on 1 conversation to help them with newer commands/tools that may be presented and something that I wanted to continue to work on going forward. I didn't state that I wasn't able to, but something that I had planned to do and currently do. 

2) I feel that in the times i've seen you staff (this can be claimed as baseless as I don't keep specific evidence of these as I don't care to a certain extent) you've been extra lenient with some friends or willing to give leeway to specific friends, and although you don't have to come down to the situations that contain bias so often as a mod and your friends being staff, I worry that as admin, with rising issues against certain staff members that you may consider a friend, you would lean towards the side of saying "its not abuse" and leaving it, rather than working with said player with so many complaints about them, and working on how they can improve their rep around server etc. This is word jumble asf but hope it makes sense

2) I've been working on this beforehand previously when I had first staff because I did have leniency for my staff friends and friends who were close. As I had gone through T-Mod and Mod, I have been more open-minded to being able to hold others to the same standard as a regular player coming into and out of the server/community. As recently with Goose's and Jawa's thread, both of  them and I are great buddies. I think they are wonderful people, but I held them accountable for their warns, despite my opinion on them outside of the community. I had a conversation with Goose on whether he should post his unban thread and I said if you feel that it was unnecessary, go for it. If you have any evidence of what you feel is abuse from the staff member or abuser, make sure to dm it to a staff member or admin to let them know.(Since this convo was around the idea that Damien had been using his powers unintentionally) Same goes for my staff members who I am very close to, especially with Damien, Skullfire, and other staff members. I hold them accountable for their mistakes, currently with Damien and his mistake for the warn and a mistake of Skullfire's from last month which was a misstep in his part, but no fully his mistake. I make sure in the server I hold them to the same rules as everyone else so it's not unfair for the players nor the staff team. I hope to show that both inside the server and community that I uphold the same rules, even if it's my closest friends. 

Edit 2: I wanted to add this real quick and say that I have worked with Skullfire to make sure they know how donor abuses work with A-warns and with Damien on what he could do to improve on some aspects of staffing. 
Edit: I hope that I can explain it well and I think I had the right concept of what you mentioned. Thank you for the comment voidzz!  Heart